Friday, May 1, 2015

Morning Paintings #61-70

Still going strong with my morning paintings. Still enjoying it too!

Recently I'm noticing that they actually help me get up earlier. It's like a little treat or reward. Get up early and then you may paint before you have to do anything else. Trust me, nobody is more surprised than me that I've been keeping this up for over three months already (as I write this I'm well on my way to painting #100!).

Anyway, here are paintings #61 to #70.

#61 - Dot dot dot...

#62 - Dashing

#63 - Dashing Rainbow Circle

#64 - Happy Easter

#65 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#66 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#67 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#68 - Drops in Yellow Orange Read and Magenta

#69 - Scales

#70 - A Colourful Birthday

All except #70 were done in gouache. #70 was done in watercolour, because I was staying at a hotel and watercolour is easier to use on the go with a waterbrush.

I find it interesting how sometimes I feel like patterns and sometimes I feel like abstracts and then sometimes I want to paint portraits or something really elaborate. My mood changes again and again. I like how I'm not putting any demands on myself with these pages. It's all about filling the page.

Hope you liked this peek at yet another batch of morning paintings and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Geweldig dat je het zo 'volhoud', dat het schilderen je zoveel plezier brengt en zelfs helpt om vroeg op te staan. Ik kan zelf ook soms niet wachten totdat het weer ochtend is en ik 'door kan' met iets... geniet van het weekend Caatje - nu mag je lekker 'de hele dag' spelen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank Marit. Hopelijk heb jij ook een fijn weekend gehad. Het is inderdaad lekker om dingen te hebben waar je graag voor opstaat. Het enige minpuntje dat ik soms heb is dat ik 's nachts zo vol ideeën zit dat ik niet kan slapen, haha.

      Delete
  2. Carin, Your paintings are wonderful, as always. Today, I especially, love the girls, and I really enjoy how you share about the patterns. So many times, I have felt the desire to sit down and just do patterns on a page, but I never seem to follow through thinking that it was kind of a crazy desire. Now that I've been following your blog and some others too, I realize that it's a good thing, it's relaxing and it's art. Thank you so much for being such an encouragement to me.....Have a great weekend...Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we are allowed to make/paint/draw whatever we want. The crazy desires are usually the most personal and the best. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Your morning paints are so nice. I like the colors and the different choices you make on what to draw and paint.
    Barb
    Charlotte, NC USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb. Sometimes I really don't know what to paint, but somehow the page always gets filled.

      Delete
  4. Ik vind het zo een ontzettend goed idee van je om zo je dag te beginnen , deze kan alvast niet meer stuk ! Een fijn week end !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, dat is wel een prettig aspect. Wat ik verder die dag ook doe, ik heb in ieder geval alvast geschilderd. :-)

      Delete
  5. Carin, I love them all ... congratulations for being so consistent for three months! You're getting a lot done and they are all awesome [I especially love the girls!] : ) Keep on painting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, as long as it brings me joy I will keep painting.

      Delete
  6. You really are an inspiration, and I am sure, at least I hope that some of it will 'rub' onto me and get me crafting again after a famine of quite a few years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe you should sleep with my blog under your pillow! ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...