Monday, May 11, 2015

Scenes from the Midori Calendar

I swear I've never been so in love with a notebook/calendar combination as I am with my Midori Traveler's Notebook. I have three inserts in there and they all get used, but the one that gets decorated like crazy is the calendar insert. And when I say 'crazy' I really do mean 'crazy'. ;-)

During the week I will use the spread like any calendar with to do lists and appointments and notes, but as the week finishes I get out my stickers and post-its and anything else I find fun and just start filling up all the space that has not been filled up yet. And that makes for spreads like these:










In a way the calendar spreads become super compact journal spreads that tell the tale of an entire week. I make little notes of important things I want to remember and I add little ephemera that represent things that happened that week. It makes for very messy full pages, but they sure are fun that way.

Maybe I'm  making up for high school when I did make my own calendars, but they usually stayed quite pretty and neat and did not get filled to the brim like some of my fellow student's calendars. Maybe in my forties I'm finally learning to let loose, haha.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!



10 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the way this looks. You make me want to get one! This is the real Midori and calendar, right? Not the Fauxdori...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the 'real' one, but there are amazing fauxdori's being made out there that might suit you better. Do some research before you decide. As for the calendar, yes it's also an official midori insert, but again, there's plenty of printables out there, some for free. I love love love my midori, but I didn't know about all the faux stuff out there when I bought it and some of them are pretty delectable, haha. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's not the brand that makes it such a fun book, it's what you do with it.

      Delete
  2. I also love what you have done. I have a Midori Traveler's notebook, too and while I put appointments in it, I never thought to add all this-what fun. Once again, you have enlarged my perspective and shown me what is possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandy, you need to go online and search for midori or just planner stuff. There are people out there who do things you wouldn't believe! Youtube is also full of inspiration. I didn't know all this was 'a thing' until I searched for it, but trust me I'm an amateur compared to all these planner addicts out there, haha.

      Delete
  3. This is just overflowing with fun, and pure joy to just look. It oozes happiness ! I used to keep a diary when I worked, but hadn't ventured into the art crafty world then. But since I retired many years ago life got so busy travelling. Now I should make the time to keep a diary/arty craft book, and follow your suit! I guess once you get into the habit of making time to write in it every day, the arty side will just follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really is just a very functional calendar/planner for me. I sit down once a week for maybe a little over half an hour and just fill in the empty spaces with all sorts of colourful junk after the week is over. There's no plan or nothing. Just fill the page to the brim any which way I can. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Love all your calendar pages, Carin. I don't have a Midori, but I do like the idea of decorating my planner pages. I, especially, like the idea of decorating them "after" the week is past better than before the week starts which is what I find that most people do. As always, thanks for sharing your work and ideas......Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never know how much space I will need in a week, so that's why I do most of the decorations afterwards. Also a lot of my writing is about stuff that happened, so it serves a bit as a fast journal. My spreads do have some simple decorations in advance (a bit of washi tape and one or two little stickers), but not very much.

      Delete
  5. Love the idea of writing what you did. I am always forgetting when things happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a bit like a concise journal this way. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...