Saturday, May 23, 2015

Morning Paintings #81-90

This batch of morning paintings was also the start of my third morning paintings sketchbook. As I've said before I use a small photo album for these paintings and it seems to work fine.

Here are paintings number 81 to 90.

#81 - Dots

#82 - Dots with dashes

#83 - Spring

#84 - Flowers

#85 - More flowers

#86 - Happy King's Day!

#87 - Bouquet

#88 - Pattern

#89 - Rainbow dashes

#90 - Flower pattern with ink

I guess you can tell that with this batch I went into a flowery phase! ;-) Maybe it's the spring air, who knows? I have been painting a lot more flowers since, so apparently I am enjoying them.

All paintings were done in gouache which I still like working with very much even though I can tell that now my box of pan colours is getting emptier the pigments are kind of going back too. As if the filler of the paint all sank to the bottom of the pans or something. Strange.

I'm considering switching to tubed gouache when the box is empty, but I'm not sure yet. We'll see. I do have some wonderful tubed gouache, but I haven't used it for my morning paintings yet, mostly because the pans are so much more practical for working quickly in the early morning. There's still plenty of time to think about that. I do like how I'm making these plans though, as if I actually think I will reach the end of the box instead of still wondering if I will keep this practice up. It's slowly becoming ingrained in my system it seems and that makes me happy.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!