Monday, May 4, 2015

King's Day Walk

Okay, so this post has absolutely nothing to do with King's Day. Not really anyway. It's just that on this National Holiday (which is on April 27) I try to avoid the celebrating crowd and instead of going into town and get drunk and be merry I seek out the peace and quiet.

The only noise and merriment I enjoy is that of nature and the ocean. I got a good dose of both and I also brought my camera for those of you who don't care for crowds either or for kings for that matter. ;-)

















Spring is slowly finding the island. It's always a bit later here than on the main land, especially when it comes to trees and such. The sea wind makes a big difference. Usually things turn green later and fall comes sooner, but I don't mind, this place is gorgeous in all seasons.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!

12 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your pictures.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carin, I so love the pictures you post like this to show us your area. It's so, so beautiful there!

    I had never heard of King's Day before so did a search online to find out about it. It looks like it's a really busy day, for sure!

    Have a nice day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I like about King's Day (which was Queen's Day until a few years ago, haha) is the so called 'vrijmarkt', which litereally means 'free market'. Everybody is then allowed to sell anything they want on the streets. Unfortunately that is the only tradition my island does not uphold. Here it really is about games and drinks and more about drinks than games if you know what I mean. So I'll just pass.

      Delete
  3. Where you live is heavenly. Being so close to nature in walking distance. Having countryside, forests, lakes, and seaside is absolutely paradise. Even the clump of dandelions, which are considered weeds over here, look sunny and exotic where you have photographed them!

    I am back home now, and this week's "mission" is to create a card for you. The stunning one you made me takes pride of place in my garden room. I shall treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to know my cards are finding such wonderful homes. Look forward to your snail mail.
      PS Dandelions are weeds here too, but pretty weeds and nobody weeds them out when they're in the dunes. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Your photos are beautiful as is your island. I would love to visit one. day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, one day you might get the chance. :-)

      Delete
  5. Ohohh wat zou ik daar ook graag willen wonen , zo mooi , is zeker rustgevend , mooi in beeld gebracht !
    groetjes,
    Debora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank Debora. Ik ben zeker bevoorrecht hoor.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...