Friday, April 26, 2013

More from the White Book

Well, what do you know! Just last week I complained how I had not been journaling for ages and here I am showing you eight new pages! It seems just blogging about it was the kick in the butt I needed!

So, without further ado: here are some new pages from the White Book! Really truly it was the first time I worked in it in exactly a month!







The previous ones all had my own photographs as focal images, but I wanted to explore my new way of journaling a bit further and wondered if I could just use ephemera and magazine images as well, the way I used to in my altered atlases. Hmmm...turns out I could!







The funny part of these last pages is that the background is ... white! And that was what the original purpose of the White Book was, to work with white backgrounds (hence the name). I kindof stepped away from that, but now, almost naturally I come back around to it. Isn't it odd how that works? I don't think I will be able to do everything with a white background, but I do like the experiment and how it makes the colours pop.

I also feel this style is like a logical follow up of the altered atlas journals. Lots of collage and juxtapositions of images and words by intuition only, but this time with little to no room for writing. I really love where this book is going. Is it still a journal? Who knows? Who cares! I'm loving it and that's all that matters!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!


12 comments:

  1. I love your tea page!!! :D
    I am glad you are working in your white book again :) Your pages are like eye candy & when I see new ones pop up on my blogs "reading list" I am like: "Woohoo Treats!" lol <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that just made me smile!

      Delete
  2. Hi Caatje, i was already missing your writing... But even without, these are great pages, i love the last one the most. And did i notice a little washi addiction?
    Have a great weekend and queens, or kingsday!
    Groet, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little washi addiction? Hell no, I have a huge out of control beyond all hope washi addiction! I'd say it falls into the same category as books and chocolate, you simply can not have too many! Have a wonderful weekend too and won't it be strange to say kings day instead of queens day from now on?

      Delete
  3. You do wonderful things with tape, Caatje!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri, I just can't stop using them (or buying them for that matter). ;-)

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful collage pages Caatje! :]
    It is so meaningful, all that you incorporate... visual embellishments galore... I love it ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Caatje! I haven't been by your blog enough lately. Always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the look into your journal, Caatje! I like how you use the washi tapes to create frames/borders for your pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andria! I don't know how I ever got by without washi tape!

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...