Tuesday, April 16, 2013

From the White Book

Every now and then I will have these periods of time when I hardly journal. I neither write nor do collage or anything like it in a journal or diary. Unfortunately right now I'm in one of those periods.


When I don't write it's like the other creative things fall by the wayside as well, it's strange how these things are interlinked. It's like one is symptomatic of the other.


The reason is simply that I have been too busy with other tasks and few of them artsy (although I am drawing patterns a lot of which I'll show you some next week).


I'm mostly busy around the house. I don't know if it's the spring cleaning bug or something, but I have a great need to get my house and garden in order and especially the last one is in a lot of disorder. I have been working really hard cleaning things out, both indoors and outdoors. You know, just purging this enormous amount of possessions I have accumulated over time.


It feels really good to do this, but it leaves me rather tired at the end of the day with little energy for sitting in my studio and getting some art work done. In short...I just don't feel like it right now.


It's okay, I will get back to it, I always do and I do feel proud of finally tackling some household tasks and upkeep that have been pestering me for ages. I feel all accomplished about it actually, haha.


But lucky for you I still have some pages from the White Book that I haven't shown you yet, so that's what you're getting from me today. Maybe it will inspire both of us to get back to journaling. Let's hope so!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week!

12 comments:

  1. It is all about cycles, the ebb and flow of life and our creative journey is no different. Times like this I like to think that I am filling the coffers again so that I have a rich plunder from which to work from. Till then enjoy your home and your garden and all that this budding spring is offering!
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. My garden is a jungle though, more than a garden, so not really a pretty picture of spring or anything. I'm just trying to tame it a little. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Creating a beautiful living space IS art...
    your pages are lovely
    and think how good it will feel
    to put pictures of your garden in your journal♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me this is more 'chores' than 'art', but I do feel good about getting these things done, so it will all work out in the end. And pictures of my garden in the journal would just scare you, really they would. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes!!! I have visited this place many times... Bursts, waves, and roll coaster rides with art & creativity. :)
    I find the most exciting part is, the rebirth!! When you are so filled with inspiration... You just can not wait place it all down.

    ** thank you for sharing your thoughts & your gorgeous pages from your white book ~xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be on a household and garden roll, some things really needed to get done, but I'll be happy to have more studio time again and feel more relaxed about the chores that need doing.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you busy bee! I wish I could have a look among the stuff you're purging... Anything interesting? ;) When you're done cleaning you'll probably be SUPER inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veel boeken en dvd's en spulletjes uit huis. Ik heb onlangs nog een stapel creaboeken aan mijn zus en nicht meegegeven. Het ruimt wel lekker op en elke week geef ik wat nog bruikbaar is mee met de kringloop en de rest met de vuilnis. Ook tijdschriften die ik lang heb bewaard. Dat soort dingen. Het rare is dat ik al stapels heb weg gedaan en nog steeds stapels heb, hoe kan dat? Haha.
      Verder vooral veel tuinafval, guttegut wat een zooi is dat! ;-)

      Delete
  5. I love your pages you've done here. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...