Tuesday, April 16, 2013

From the White Book

Every now and then I will have these periods of time when I hardly journal. I neither write nor do collage or anything like it in a journal or diary. Unfortunately right now I'm in one of those periods.


When I don't write it's like the other creative things fall by the wayside as well, it's strange how these things are interlinked. It's like one is symptomatic of the other.


The reason is simply that I have been too busy with other tasks and few of them artsy (although I am drawing patterns a lot of which I'll show you some next week).


I'm mostly busy around the house. I don't know if it's the spring cleaning bug or something, but I have a great need to get my house and garden in order and especially the last one is in a lot of disorder. I have been working really hard cleaning things out, both indoors and outdoors. You know, just purging this enormous amount of possessions I have accumulated over time.


It feels really good to do this, but it leaves me rather tired at the end of the day with little energy for sitting in my studio and getting some art work done. In short...I just don't feel like it right now.


It's okay, I will get back to it, I always do and I do feel proud of finally tackling some household tasks and upkeep that have been pestering me for ages. I feel all accomplished about it actually, haha.


But lucky for you I still have some pages from the White Book that I haven't shown you yet, so that's what you're getting from me today. Maybe it will inspire both of us to get back to journaling. Let's hope so!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week!