Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Texel Journal (second half)

Hello all. I hope you liked watching the first half of my (almost forgotten!) Texel Journal in my last post, because today you will get to see the second half.

Here we go:
















Of course I decorated the back of the journal too:


And here's the whole journal standing up with the written pages attached with paperclips:


I like how it turned out, compact and simple and yet overflowing with images and impressions.

I do enjoy having special journals for my trips and vacations. It takes a bit of an effort while you are away. I worked in the journal every morning and night during my Texel vacation, writing and prepping it for the photographs I took during the day. But it really is worth it to have a tangible memory of your own making when you get home.

Another thing about keeping a journal when you are on vacation is that it makes you extra aware of your surroundings. You are literally keeping a written and visual record of the things you encounter and that helps you to keep your senses open for everything around you. It makes the vacation itself a richer experience. At least that's how it works for me.

Hope you enjoyed my Texel Journal and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day!


4 comments:

  1. Een mooie visuele herinnering aan je vakantie zal veel voldoening geven en zoals je zegt je beleeft het daardoor bewuster want soms zijn er van die kleine leuke toevalligheden die je anders later zouden ontgaan wat dan eigenlijk spijtig is . Super idee !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een mooie impressie van je vakantie, het ziet er zo gezellig en vrolijk uit. Leuk gedaan!

    Groetjes,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...