Thursday, November 19, 2015

Doodling with markers

In August I took Pam Garrison's wonderful creative sketchbooking class on CreativeBug which I highly recommend and ever since I have been mesmerized by a new to me doodling style that was inspired by that class.

I showed some in a previous post that I did in my sketchbooks and journals, but now I have moved on to separate pieces of paper and am really starting to develop a bit of a personal style.




This very smooth mixed media paper (Clairefontaine Paint On) is A4 in size and absolutely perfect for my big brush markers (Faber Castell), so I use those for colouring in all the sections of the paper. The doodling on top is done with a Micron drawing pen (black) and a Sakura gelly roll pen (white).

I'm not even sure why these doodles are so satisfying to do and to look at, but I just love them! I'm definitely making more of these in the future.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!

12 comments:

  1. Outstanding artistic work.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your doodles! I would say you already have a definite personal style... I always look forward to reading your posts...keep inspiring us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I want to start doing something like this in my Bullet Journal but would have to do it in pencil first [I hate making mistakes in a book that I'll be using for a long period of time. lol]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no! Doodling knows no mistakes, you just make them part of the overall drawing. To think there are mistakes in doodling would mean that there is some right definitive way to do it and that's just not what doodling is. What is the right way to doodle anyway?
      Also: working in a book where mistakes are not allowed would make for a very depressing book or journal indeed. Why else fill a book if it's not to practice your art? Please ruin your book as soon as possible so you can just enjoy playing and experimenting in the rest of it! Okay getting off my soapbox now, I guess you touched upon a personal pet peeve of mine, haha.
      Have a good weekend Debit with lots of mistakes! ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...