Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Scenes from the Midori

My Midori Traveler's Notebook is still my steady companion through the day. I don't really journal in it or do anything artsy with it, but I do fill up the pages of the calendar insert until there's not one tiny open space left. Creative chaos one might call it.

Here's a peek into the colourful messes I make in there:









Throughout the week the calendar spreads are mostly just functional for to do lists, appointments and notes, but at the end of the week I fill every left over space with colour and stickers and remarks about that week.

As I said I don't consider the Midori a journal, it's a work horse book for note taking, planning and ideas. But of course these calendar pages do have some journal quality to them as they do give a quick impression of what my week was like. The other two books in the midori are not as visual. They are just for general notes and brain dumps and for quickly noting down artsy thoughts.

Anyway, I still absolutely love this notebook system and am so glad I came across it at the end of last year. Usually I tire of the planner style or notebooks that I use, but this one continues to be a source of joy and practicality.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.

6 comments:

  1. Ik weet niet waarom juist maar ik vind je Midori super ,misschien is het de herkenning dat we allemaal van alles en nog wat te doen hebben tussen onze creatieve uitspattingen door en je idee om de "gaatjes" op te vullen met allerlei leuks , ik denk dat ik de Midori op mijn "verlanglijstje ga zetten ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you create such a pretty, colorful mess Caatje! I'm a fan of the system too, I think. I just made my own fauxdori and have yet to use and blog about it, but I think it's so much fun with new notebooks all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing what you come up with Hanna!

      Delete
  3. Your work brightens my day. So bright and cheerful and uplifting

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...