Saturday, July 25, 2015

Morning Paintings #151-160

Time for a new batch of Morning Paintings.

As I'm writing this I'm nearing the end of my fourth sketchbook and when I look at these sketchbooks I'm a bit stunned that I filled them with so many paintings. How the hell did that happen? Well...one page at a time.

As simple as that sounds this practice is really teaching me about small but consistent steps leading to a bigger whole. Taking a little time in a day to paint is not all that challenging, but when you do it day after day after day, you actually end up with a collection of paintings and full sketchbooks. It's pretty exciting actually. ;-)

Here are paintings #151 tot 160:

#151 - Flowers on Green

#152 - Summer

#153 - Blue Skies

#154 - True to Form

#155 - Three Little Words

#156 - Good Afternoon

#157 - Flowers on Blue

#158 - Sunrise

#159 - Flourish

#160 - Flowers in a Field

My paintings always show my preferences of that exact moment. I simply paint what I want. In this case I wanted lots of mandalas and lettering, so that's what I did. It's nice to just sit down and paint whatever you feel like and not really care about repetition or be afraid of trying something new. It's all good.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Ik vind de mandala's erg mooi, heel krachtig. Teken je die gewoon uit de losse pols of trek je eerst een paar lijntjes?
    Geniet van een lekker creatief weekend!

    Groetjes,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De mandala's teken/schilder ik gewoon direct uit de hand met zwarte verf. Jij ook fijn weekend!

      Delete
  2. On to another journal for your morning paintings. I asked myself the same question as to how do you get so many done in such a short time. lol
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, one page a day goes a long long way! ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...