Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Walk with me!

Usually these days (not always) when I go on my walks I make a little compilation of the pictures I've taken with my phone. I put those on Instagram and Facebook and some people seem to enjoy them. I make them for myself too, because I often print them out later and can use the imagery in my journals or cards or collages or whatever I feel like. And as I've said before taking pics helps me appreciate the beauty of the things I encounter.

Anyway here are some photo compilations of some of my latest walks:










I don't know if you can tell from above pictures but the island is in full bloom right now. We're having one of those exuberant years when it comes to blooming flowers. The last time it was like this was in 2012. It's not as if nothing blooms in other years, there just seems to be so much more of it some years than in others.  It probably has something to do with how the weather has been, I don't know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy taking these walks with me and I wish you wonderful and artsy day.

12 comments:

  1. What I like about seeing your photos is the variety that you seem to get. Your area is rich in many different things.. from the ocean to tree lined paths.. boats to flowers. It's a pleasure seeing someone appreciate their surroundings as if seeing it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather alone makes the beach look different every day and yes, this is a rather diverse place for such a small island. The only thing we have is farmland. As the daughter of a farmer I do miss the area I was born in.

      Delete
  2. The cabana and the flowers are beautiful. Isn't it amazing that a phone takes better pictures than some high priced cameras?
    All the pics are beautiful and my favorites are always the seals.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in the end it's the person who takes the pictures that makes the photo, not so much the equipment they're using. That being said, I sure love the fact that I can just take this small ingenious machine with me and take pics everywhere I go without having to drag a camera along. I'm also smitten with the many photoapps that are available. We sure have a lot of interesting things to play with these days. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Ik denk dat mijn wandelschoenen (moest ik die ├╝berhaupt hebben haha) vlug versleten zouden zijn moest ik daar wonen , op zijn "vlaams" gezegd je bent echt wel met je gat in de boter gevallen wat betreft jouw woonomgeving , zo mooi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ben zeker bevoorrecht Debora, dat realiseer ik me steeds weer. :-)

      Delete
  4. Amazing pictures! I see one and think - oh, that's my favorite and then I come to another and think the same thing and there are so many that are my favorites, I can't decide on just one. lol THANK YOU so much for sharing them with us. It's beautiful where you live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is exactly the reason why I keep taking pictures. I just keep seeing beautiful things! It's a good thing this is the digital age and taking a few more pictures doesn't cost a thing. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Caatje, i just love seeing your photos. They take me on a mini mental vacation, so relaxing and soothing. Thank you for taking me with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Dianna, happy to have you along!

      Delete
  6. I always love going on these walks with you. Everything is gorgeous........Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...