Friday, July 10, 2015

Let me take you to the beach

After some very hot and humid days last week in which walking was not as much fun as usual (although I did walk), this week we are blessed with lovely cool weather. So I was happy to go to the beach this morning and even more happy when the light turned out to be downright magical!

So I thought I'd give you a little impression of how it looked. I don't want my blogsy people to miss out on anything spectacular I encounter! You're welcome. ;-)












I actually intended to just do a short walk this morning, but I guess you understand that when I saw the beach looked like this I took the long route instead!

Now for those of you who want a fuller experience I will try to do something I've never done before on this blog: upload a little video I took this morning as well. You will need Flash Player to watch it and it's not the greatest quality (I think blogger automatically downsized it), so don't watch it full screen if you want it to make sense, haha.



Hope you enjoyed our little trip and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for sharing your walk and I'm so glad you went the long route. I can't walk much right now because I was bit by a (probably rabid) raccoon when I was out walking on Tuesday. Going through the anti-rabies shots and doing OK, but I'm missing my walks. Always love your photos and now video as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, poor you! Hope you're out and about soon again. Good luck.

      Delete
  2. Oh I just love the beach, and these pictures do not disappoint. Wow that water looks like it has receded way way back. Does it always do that? Is that the normal tide changes for your area? Please explain, if you can. Thanks......Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's always a big difference between high and low tide here, but the precise distance does vary. I'm not sure exactly how that works, but it probably has to do with the moon. Also the weather can influence the tide. When there's a storm the water can reach so high it takes off parts of the dunes along the North Sea (or flood the streets near the town along the Wadden Sea). To keep the dunes from being completely destroyed by the ocean the government adds sand to the area close to the flood line. This is called 'zandsuppletie', which I hope I can literally translate as 'sand replenishment'.
      I usually check the tides before I go walking so I know if it's high or low. Low tide makes for much easier walks along the beach. When it's colder I also check the wind direction, because walking the beach into an icy wind with a high Beaufort scale is not pleasant. ;-) Hope this answers your question.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...