Thursday, July 16, 2015

150 Morning Paintings

Every time I reach another milestone in my Morning Painting practice I get a little more confident and a little more proud of this routine I started last January. And for me a milestone is about every fifty paintings. I don't why that is, that just feels right.

So here are paintings number 141 to 150!

#141 - Flowers on Ochre and Orange

#142 - Circles in Squares

#143 - Abstract Nonsense

#144 - Flowers on Red

#145 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#146 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#147 - A Bit More Nonsense

#148 - Plaid

#149 - Flowers

#150 - 150 Paintings

With painting #150 I did my first mandala and I have done a few more since. I love drawing with the black paint and then later rewetting some parts of the painting to fill in sections with grey. I also love  mixing different colours together for the backgrounds. It gives a lovely grungy effect.

Hope you are still enjoying watching these paintings on a regular basis, because I don't think I'm going to be able to stop anytime soon. ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day. 


8 comments:

  1. Laat ze maar komen hoor die "Morning Paintings" ! Mij doe je er alvast plezier mee !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud of your artistic accomplishments.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb, I am rather proud actually, haha. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love that you share your painting practice, it has inspired me to try it myself! Thank you for sharing all your artistic endeavors, you are an inspiration to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so cool that you have started a painting practice too. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

      Delete
  4. Ik vind ze prachtig. En ik ben ook wel een beetje jaloers op de routine die je hebt ontwikkeld. Hoeveel tijd neem jer de tijd voor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemiddeld een half uur, maar het is een beetje afhankelijk van of ik moet werken die dag of niet en wat ik wil schilderen. Op werkdagen kan ik soms ook al met twintig minuten klaar zijn (de portretjes bijv. zijn heel snel gedaan), maar op vrije dagen als ik zin heb in iets uitgebreids doe ik wel eens zoiets als nummer 148 en die dingen kosten me soms wel een uur.
      Maar gemiddeld zo rond de 30 minuten dus.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...