Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm back with some holiday slides!

Hello blogsy people and a happy new year to you all! May 2013 be filled with wonder and joy and may it bring you everything you hoped and a little more than you expected. 

I'm back after a wonderful couple of weeks and especially the last week was fantastic. It was like having a private retreat at my own home and island. I got so much time to write and read and walk and make art and also to just sleep whenever I felt like it. It was fabulous.

I put my online presence on hold, unsubbed from discussion groups and did not participate on facebook or check other people's blogs. I can totally recommend doing this from time to time. It's good to just get back to yourself. I had a lot of time to think and I needed it.

But all things (good and bad) must come to an end, so today I started my job again and have returned to the online existence and the great world outside my private space. I'm now way behind on everything, so the coming week I will play catch up as much as I can. And of course I am back on the blog (but I guess you noticed that).

Let me give you a photographic impression of the past time.

Foggy City of Leeuwarden

A brand new table cloth for the journaling table (my assistant ruined the other one).

Christmas at Casa Caatje. ;-)

What I wish was Casa Caatje (but it's not, sigh).

A window display I really liked.

Introducing old paint box to new paint box (they got along just fine).

Depressed pine needles.

One of the many roads I walked.

Ah, the magic of sand moving across the beach. So beautiful.

Patterns left by shells and sand.

My shadow taking a nap in the hay.

"Freedom"

A helpful tree pointing out the right way to go.

Bare trees, I keep loving them.

My artsy endeavors all in one book.

Quiet beauty on the last day of my vacation.

I never get tired of the beauty of the place I call home.

Of course I took many many more pictures, but I have to draw the line somewhere. The picture of the journal above is a bit of a teaser for my next posts in which I will show you what I did art wise in my vacation. I was pretty productive if I do say so myself. Hope you come back to take a peek.

Until then I just want to say it's good to be back and wish you a wonderful and artsy week!

16 comments:

  1. Wat heerlijk om zo mee te genieten van je vakantie. Mooie foto's, ik vond vooral die van het opwaaiende zand prachtig!
    Gerda Kluitenberg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel, Gerda. Het is nóg mooier om er tussendoor te lopen, je krijgt er een zweverig gevoel van, alsof je een heel klein beetje kunt vliegen. :-)

      Delete
  2. Prachtige foto's! En...hoe beviel het werk weer, zo na de vakantie? ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Caatje... love the tree pointing the way... glad you had a wonderful and creative break... always good to unplug... happy 2013... may it be nothing short of magical...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny, wishing you the same. Keep creating!

      Delete
  4. So glad to have you back Caatje. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing time. Happy New Year to you and your family. I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful art journaling again. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, it's good to be back! Hope you have a wonderful new year too.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! And Happy New Year! I love your pictures. Especially the one of the moving sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, a lovely new year to you too!

      Delete
  6. Goed om je weer te zien Caatje, en fijn dat je zo'n lekkere, ontspannen vakantie hebt gehad! 'Mine was the opposite' - met een december blogparty ben ik elk jaar weer aan het rennen en vliegen, maar leuk dat het was! Zo zijn we hopelijk ieder op onze eigen manier weer opgeladen om er tegen aan te gaan! Ik verwacht dus prachtig werk te zien van je de komende weken (hihi). Succes met het weer 'in de routine stappen' en ik wens jou ook een heel mooi jaar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tja, smaken verschillen, maar zolang we allebei maar genoten hebben is het goed, toch? Ik sluit het jaar graag af met een stukkie rust. Fijn dat je zo genoten hebt van je top 2000!

      Delete
  7. Yeah Caatje is back! Beautiful photos as usual. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! I love the tree branch wearing a glove...hilarious! Your journaling space looks so inviting, and your Christmas-y living room looks very cozy. Your comment about the old and new paint boxes made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who put it there, but walking around this island I always find these funny things. I'm thinking it probably got left by someone of the forestry (they always are cutting down branches and keeping up the trees in the winter) and some passer by thought it was funny to put it up there.
      And...it's very important for your art supplies to get along, haha.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...