Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What are you up to Wednesday - part 47 (woyww 163)

It has been two months since I did a what are you up to post. But this week I'm actually up to stuff again so I thought I might share my desk with you. In fact I'll share it with you twice, since this is a planned post and I took the pictures on Tuesday-evening and things changed during the night.

When I started my studio session things looked like this:


It's the making of my Bronckhorst Journal, you know, the index card journal I mostly made during my vacation. I worked on the covers and I had to perforate the pages to allow for bookrings to bind them. I finished the journal now and I will probably show it to you some time next week.

Because I still had some time left I figured I might as well work on something else to keep the creative juices flowing. Luckily I had a half prepared page in my Studio Book and I decided to do some collage:


The spread is not completely finished here yet. I added some more elements by stamping flowers on pretty paper and cutting them out. I will show you the finished spread in the future when I do another sketchbook post. What's cool about the spread is that it's full of random things that have nothing to do with each other and yet match really well together. There's leftovers from the Bronckhorst Journal, stickers, tape, labels and info that went with unrelated purchases like notebooks and jeans and of course I'm showing off my new tape. ;-)

I want to end this post with another proof of the generosity that exists in the creative blogosphere. Look what came in the mail!


These pieces of fabric art are a calling card and a bookmark that were made by the wonderful Annie Wade, better known by her followers as Bohemiannie! She is absolutely gifted when it comes to fibers and fabric and you really should check out her blog and her flickr to see what amazing stuff she makes. Thank you  Annie!

And that's all for today. Go check out other desks at Julia's and have yourself a wonderful and artsy Wednesday!


19 comments:

  1. Love the mess and the tapes! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the tapes too, could do without the mess sometimes. ;-)

      Delete
  2. great fabric art, a creative space trace x 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie will be pleased to know you like her stuff!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your index card journal. Studio book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU Caatje!!! That was totally sweet of you to say such beautiful things about my bookmark! I'm glad you're back to woyww! Your desk is always quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, and...you deserve it.

      Delete
  5. heerlijk om al deze inspiraties van jou weer te zien..;-)
    mooi zeg je tapes in een blikje.. daar was ik nou niet opgekomen.. dank je.. stom he sommige dingen liggen zo voor de hand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, bij mij is het meer van 'dat spul moet ergens in, wat heb ik nog liggen?' :-)

      Delete
  6. Really like how you have put your journal page together ! Thanks for showing it to us ! Ali #53

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh wat een heerlijk plekkie... hemels op zo lekker te kunnen werken he?
    De fijnste plek in het huis(?)

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What really caught my eye was the tin full of Washi tapes? wow, you have a few of them! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina as #50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, that's only a small selection of all my tapes! I'm a tape junkie!

      Delete
  9. I always enjoy peeking in other artist's workspaces! Yours is wonderfully covered in artsy goodness...makes me want to get back to my paints myself!

    Thanks for the warm welcome home!

    ...love the bookmark you were sent, too...so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful album, lovely tapes/ribbons in the tin! Also I love your table covering - really pretty and a gorgeous colour.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...