Friday, July 6, 2012

Walking pictures

I love walking around my island, I suppose that's no secret. It says so right on my profile info. The beauty of the place I get to live astounds me time and again. And whatever astounds me or fascinates me or moves me I have to document. Be it in writing as in my journals or be it through the hundreds (I should say thousands) of photographs I take. Here's a sample from the past week.












For most of this week it has been too hot and humid to walk. I did go for a shorter one on Tuesday, but after that all I wanted to do after work was find a cool spot and lay very very still. It's odd that when it's hot it seems to last forever and everything seems to go so slow, when in fact it's only been three or four days. I'm just not made for this weather and am happy to report it seems to be cooling down a little again.

Apart from the journal this means I have not done much art either. Oh well, there will be days like this. Hope the weekend brings cool breezes and some artsy endeavors. Wishing you all a wonderful one!

10 comments:

  1. These photos take my breath away. Just beautiful... And I am sweltering in the heat and humidity here in WNY, too. Ugh! Staying indoors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful scenery...no wonder you like to spend so much time walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Caatje! Your photos are so intriguing that I just had to do a google map of your island. I am soooo jealous! This is where I want to retire when the time comes. :) I'm not a hot weather person either. I always say summer is my kryptonite. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love seeing your island through your camera lens! it is a beautiful place but much of that is because you look for beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een prachtig eiland is Vlieland. De andere eilanden ken ik goed, maar Vlieland eigenlijk niet. Hoog tijd voor een uitstapje dus....
    Gr, @nneke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heb je het mooiste eiland nog te goed! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos, and, except for the proximity of the sea, where you are looks very, very much like where I am...in Central Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, makes me wish I'd taken a walk today around here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caatje! This is my first time on your blog! I live in California and my friend recommends your blog. I am not sure where you live but I love all your pictures and look forward to viewing your island wonderland! Thank you for sharing your walking pictures. I work in a windowless cubicle 8 hours a day...........any views to the wonderful out doors is refreshing! Linda Lee from CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Linda and thank you for your kind words. Vlieland is an island off the north coast of The Netherlands. It's about 26 km in length and a maximum of 3 km wide. About 1100 people live here, but there's a lot of tourists, especially in the summer. I work in an office 8 hours a day too. Luckily I have a rather big office to myself and I do have several windows too and the building stands right next to the Wadden Sea. My view is just on a street though, but I can walk by the sea on my way to work which is pretty cool (even though I don't always do it). Hope you come back here from time to time.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...