Monday, July 16, 2012

From the Moon Journal

I must admit that I have not been very artsy in the past few weeks, except for taking many photographs and maybe one or two drawings in the sketchbook. As much as I enjoyed my vacation rythm of mostly being outdoors shooting pictures and going on hikes or being indoors reading, it did take away from my studio time and now, even after over two weeks I still find it hard to get back into that rythm of sitting in my studio on a regular basis. It's not that I have not done anything, it just hasn't been a steady thing yet. There's no routine.  So this week I'm decided to more or less force myself into art making, not really so much against my will, as against my laisser faire attitude of late. ;-) Time to get some work done!

Anyway, on and off I have worked in the journal and here's five spreads to prove it.






Four are regular journal spreads with my day to day scribbles about my day to day life. The first one is a little photographic impression of my vacation. As you may remember I did journaling and art on index cards on my vacation and I am turning that into a journal. I have already printed the photographs and pasted them on yet more indexcards and I put all the cards in the order I want them to be. Now I just have to decorate the covers and put the thing together with bookrings. Hopefully that will be done this week and then I can show you the finished index card journal.

For now I hope you enjoyed looking at more from the Moon Journal. It's progressing slowly, but it is progressing and it's already becoming quite heavy and full even though I still have more than one third of the journal to go. It's a good thing I took out about half the pages of the original atlas, because it now already is more bulky than it was to begin with.

Thanks for dropping by and I wish you all a wonderful artsy week!

23 comments:

  1. I love the colors you've used on these, especially the blues, and the contrast between pages and images. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri. Throwing together images and colors that have no business being together and yet making it a nice spread is exactly what I love about doing this. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Je pagina's zijn weer prachtig en je post is zo herkenbaar! Ik ben ook helemaal uit mijn ritme en dan ook dat rotweer nog... ik kan niet echt lekker bij lamplicht werken en wordt ook nog eens sacherijnig van al die regen dus dat schiet niet op. Ik hoop dat jouw eiland er wat minder druipend bij ligt dan mijn stad, maar ik vrees het ergste... wel goed van je dat je jezelf dwingt tot routine - ik zou eigenlijk hetzelfde moeten doen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ja dat valt niet mee om weer terug te komen in een gewoonte van regelmatig dingen maken. Maar inmiddels zit ik er alweer wat meer in dan aan het begin van de week. Gelukkig.

      Delete
  3. I love these pages, the colours are gorgeous and they are well set out. I love your choices of images as well. Very inspiring. And clearly you had a lot of writing in you to get out! :) Lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a lot of writing in me, doesn't mean it's always very interesting and deep though. Mostly it's just a lot, haha.

      Delete
  4. You must be feeling better and I'm so glad. The picture journal is fabulous with the blue surrounding your photos. And your unique style with your journal pages totally says Caatje. They're so pretty and peaceful and imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, I'm indeed feeling better than last Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

      Delete
  5. They are all lovely pages, but had to say the one with the cats and the cups really made me smile, all came together so beautifully and the colours were just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these new spreads. I am particularly intrigued by the cat spread. How did you prep the background? Do you have a photo of it, before you journaled in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Trece, thanks for your kind words. No, I don't have a 'before' picture of this page. It was just bright colors and an old credit card. One color in the background and then patches of other colors over it. There's info on the credit card technique in the first part of my easy peasy journaling tutorial. I also added brightly colored tape to the borders of the pages and over the center. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  7. these are lovely pages & i like how you did the page w/ the photographs from your vacation :) The tea label made me smile, because I have some in my journal too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stick tea packaging in my journals all the time, whether it is the big package or the small 'envelopes' the bags themselves come in sometimes. People always look at me funny when I keep the teabagpackage in restaurants, so it's good to know there's a kindred tea spirit out there. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful pages, your handwriting makes a perfect background. May i ask about the cats & teacups page background - is that tissue paper or paint?
    Linda B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It's cheap craft paint applied with an old credit card. (also see my answer to Trece above for more details)

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to see your index card journal...that will be really special! I like that first spread with all the photos. I also really love your borders on the pages with the kitties and teacups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tape tape tape, how did I ever survive without it? ;-)

      Delete
  10. I love your new pages! Especially the kitty one. :) I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the index card journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It should come up sometime next week.

      Delete
  11. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with AdFly and get money for every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...