Monday, July 23, 2012

The Bronckhorst Journal

Well...here it is, all finished and put together. The journal from my vacation to Bronckhorst (which is the township/region my sister lives in) aptly called the Bronckhorst Journal.  It's just a bunch of indexcards bound together with bookrings. I decorated the cards with collage, photographs, lots of writing and even a little painting. I'll just let the pictures do the talking. By the way, this is just a selection of the spreads. The journal has about 80 pages in total (that's counting both sides). Enjoy!












If you look closely you will see this journal is called Bronckhorst Journal #2. That's because I did another Bronckhorst Journal out of indexcards several years ago, but that was BB (Before Blog), so I never showed it to you here. You can see a picture of it on my flickr if you're curious though.

And that's how easy it is to make a journal. Get bunch of cards, punch holes in them and bind them with bookrings. Satisfaction guaranteed. ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week.

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this. What a wonderful size - big enough to try things, but small enough not to have to devote forever to each page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this I think I will try this. Seems more manageable for me. You always do such beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's beautiful! thanks for giving us a peek inside! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great journal. I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and inspiring! What great memories you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely brilliant!!!! So simple and so special. I am speechless - really. I knew I bought all those book rings for something! Now I know how to put them to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caatje this is so cool! You are so inspiring with your non-stop ideas. Thanks for using my stamps too - they look neat in your journal, along with your fantastic photos and writing.
    I hope your vacation was very enjoyable :)
    Big hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of making these little journals with the book rings. I don't think I'll ever get around to making anything as complicated as some of the handmade books, but this is do-able! Very pretty pages! I love looking through other people's journals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! I see doodles and washi tape! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wat een heerlijk boekje! Ik heb een hele stapel index kaarten in een speciaal, blikken 'archiefblik' - een keer van mijn papa gekregen - maar op één of andere manier blokkeer ik als ik een indexkaart moet werken ... misschien toch maar weer eens een poging wagen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ALL for your kind words! I'm really glad I gave some of you an idea for a simple homemade journal. And you don't have to use indexcards, you can use any cardstock paper for this in any size. Hope you will share your results with the blogoshpere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this - really like the mix of art and photos and that you can add to it at will

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic, Caatje! I'm so happy to see this. I am going to do something like this for a bit of travel I'm doing at the end of the summer. This is a such a great combination of art, journal, ephemera, and photos. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wat een inspiratie! Heb dit jaar in het Flow Vakantieschrijfboek gewerkt maar vind dit idee voor volgend jaar wel erg gaaf! Of voor gewoon tussendoor, hoef natuurlijk niet te wachten tot het weer vakantie is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fabulous and full of ideas. So clever! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...