Sunday, September 27, 2015

A weekend getaway - some paintings and a video

While I'm on a real vacation I am showing you pictures and impressions of a weekend getaway I got to have on the island of Schiermonnikoog a few weeks ago. In the last three posts I showed you the pictures I took during the several walks across the island and today I thought I'd show you some art.

I didn't make a travel journal or anything like that. I just took my regular journal and wrote and I will add some of the pictures from my previous posts to it. But...I did continue with my morning paintings and since I was on a trip I thought I would let them be scenes from the trip itself. I used my photographs as a reference.

So every morning in my apartment (all three mornings I was there) I sat down at the kitchen table and painted. Here's are the results:

This is the beach pavillion near 'my' building on the first night. I love how this one turned out.

The lighthouse with a quirky perspective. ;-)

A bridge over water. This one I found 'meh'.

My morning paintings are usually from my imagination. I like painting flowers and mandala's and such. The only realistic thing I usually do are portraits and those I do pretty well. But landscapes are a whole different animal and I have no idea how people do them.

This did inspire me to go to youtube and learn and to buy a book on watercolour with special attention for landscapes. I want to know how to render those different green textures. You know...in case I go on other trips, or want to paint my own island. ;-)

I didn't really take any pictures on day 4. I basically just packed and cleaned in the morning and traveled all day. But...before I left I did make a little video from the op of a dune and I thought I'd share it with you as a goodbye to a wonderful weekend getaway.

video

The building you see at the end of the video is the building I stayed in. Location, location! ;-)

Well, with that we end our weekend trip. When this gets published I will be on my way home from my real vacation, so you can expect more slideshows very soon. That's a strange idea, because as I am writing this my vacation is still one week away. Don't you just love technology? ;-)

I hope you enjoyed walking with me on another island and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!

2 comments:

  1. Ik vind ze alle drie erg geslaagd hoor. Maar ik begrijp wel wat je bedoelt. Nu met al die prachtige herfsttinten buiten zou ik willen dat ik daar iets van zou kunnen vastleggen. Ik heb geloof ik nog nooit zo van de herfst genoten als dit jaar. Sinds ik meer met creativiteit bezig ben zie ik ineens veel meer als ik buiten ben. Ik heb het gewoon druk met kijken. Ik heb wel wat tinten vastgelegd om toch iets met dit gevoel te doen, maar ik wil me daar ook nog eens wat meer in verdiepen. Tot dan borrelen er vast nog wel andere manieren op om er iets mee te doen.
    Een fijne thuiskomst van je huidige trip!

    Warme groet,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Alice. Ik zie ook altijd overal van alles, word zelfs wel es moe van mezelf, haha.
      De herfst en winter zijn mijn favoriete seizoenen, dus ik heb er zin in!
      Ik ben weer veilig thuis. Toch ook wel prettig. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...