Friday, September 18, 2015

A weekend getaway - day one

So, as you are reading this I am actually on vacation! I'll tell you all about it when it get back with a slideshow and all, as usual. For now I'll just say that I'm staying at my sister's house again, but she moved houses, so it's a whole new place! Looking forward to explore and relax.

Usually when I'm away I take a blog break, but it just so happens that I went on a weekend getaway two weeks ago as well and I figured I would use my time away from home to show you some pictures from that trip. All prepublished of course, I'm not going near a computer for almost two weeks, haha.

The thing was that with the assistant being sick and later having to euthanize him I had had some pretty stressful months and I just really felt like I needed to get away from things just to take a breather. I just couldn't wait for my actual vacation. So I took a last minute weekend trip to one of the other islands, Schiermonnikoog. It was so last minute that I booked on a Wednesday and left on a Friday.

Turns out, it was just what I needed. I always thought a weekend was a bit short for a vacation, but now I've done it I'm definitely going to do it more often.

I did not bring my camera, but I did bring my phone, so I still got to shoot some nice pics. So today I'll show you the highlights of the first day (Friday).

These are the sluices in Lauwersoog, where I had to take the ferry to Schiermonnikoog.

They have two ferries, all to themselves. Our island only has one. I'm not jealous.

The apartment was amazing. Very cosy. It had a fire place, but I was too chicken to turn it on. I'm not good at playing with fire.
The couch was huge! I mean I sat on it fully stretched out and then there was still an entire couch left. It could comfortably have fit six people.


Did I mention the apartment had an ocean view and was right at the beach and dunes? This was the view from the windows:



That was a bonus of the entire trip. I could sit on that couch for hours and just look outside.
But of course I did go outside myself too.

The weather was very changeable that weekend, but I still managed to put in quite a few walking hours. Here are some pics from that first afternoon and night.










Most of those were taken in the early evening. The sky was so amazing that I swear I took like a hundred photographs within an hour or so. All those clouds were just begging for it. ;-)

And that's all for the first day of my weekend getaway. Next post we move on to day two.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day. 

8 comments:

  1. You do take such wonderful pictures with your phone...just amazing! Your apartment and that island look like they provided the perfect getaway weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's easy to take pretty pictures when the area is pretty. :-)

      Delete
  2. Wauw dat was wel "a room with a view" , mooie foto's van een knappe omgeving ,de juiste keuze om er even tussenuit te knijpen !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how I wish I could away to any place right now. These pictures are so beautiful, and it looks like the perfect place that you needed even if it was only for a weekend. Weekends go quickly, but it still helps to get away. I'm glad you had the chance to do that and look forward to more pictures......Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, hope you enjoy the rest of them too.

      Delete
  4. Mooie foto's! Fijn dat je er even een weekendje weg kon. Geniet maar lekker van je vakantie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...