Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Patterns!

My moleskine Pattern Book is slowly coming towards its end. I have six pages left to fill. I already have another moleskine sketchbook in waiting to replace it, but I'm also thinking of getting one of those Leuchtturm 1917 books with vague dots in a grid, because then I could get my patterns more evenly spaced without help from any tools. We'll see.

Here are eight more patterns I drew in my Pattern Book:





I'm sorry about the glare on some of the right pages. Circumstances were not really ideal for photographing this book, but at least you can still see the colours and all. ;-)

All these were done with pitt big brush markers. If you want a marker that works well in your moleskine sketchbook (which has a thick paper that resists some markers a little and watercolour a lot) then the pitts are the way to go. They don't bleed and the colours are beautiful, waterproof and lightfast.

I thought about leaving the last two pages in just black and white, because they looked really cool that way, but I decided against it in the end. Still it made me think that maybe I should experiment a little with just black and white pattern drawings or doodles. This is one of the great things about making artsy stuff. One thing can lead to another, which leads to yet another, and so on and so forth.

I hope your swimming in artsy ideas in your neck of the woods. If you want to, tell me about them!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice patterns. Blue is my favorite color and I really like circles! That looks like fun! You make me want to try everything!

    Mary HJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Pitt pens too. I have been trying out the Koi pens as well. Can't decide which I like best. They each have their strengths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the Koi pens, it's not a brand that's easily available here, but I believe they are watersoluble brush pens? I do have a bunch of Tombow dual brush pens that I really like, but indeed for very different reasons than I like the pitts. By the way, the tombows are rubbish in a moleskine sketchbook, but wonderful on other papers.

      Delete
  3. On to the Leuchtturm 1917 journal. This one was really beautiful.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not finished yet, six pages to go. But looking forward to starting another one! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Ik zwem inderdaad in de ideeën Caatje maar heb daar dan weer te weinig tijd voor omdat ik ook nog in de 'must do's' zwem (en dáár mag ik dan weer niet teveel over zeggen...) Ik zou ook wel eens de rust willen hebben om zo'n 'pattern-page' te doedelen, vooral de cirkels spreken me heel erg aan - ik heb blijkbaar wat met rondjes ;) Vanuit mijn atelier-raam zie ik een hele zware regenlucht aankomen op 't moment, maar het is nog vroeg dus wie weet gaat de zon daarna nog schijnen... wat voor weer het ook wordt, ik wens je een heel fijne dag & weekend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geloof het of niet, ik ben geen geduldig type, maar het droedelen van dat soort patroontjes helpt me geduld te oefenen en ik doe ze vaak ook niet in één keer, maar over meerder keren. Hier was het vandaag wisselvallig, maar daardoor kon ik lekker binnen rondlummelen. Hoop dat jij ook een fijn weekend hebt gehad.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...