Friday, June 19, 2015

Morning Paintings #111-120

Time for another batch of morning paintings.
Still going strong, still loving it. ;-)

#111 - Three big flowers

#112 - Nonsense

#113 - Symmetry

#114 - Tree

#115 - Spring

#116 - Nonsense again

#117 - Flowers on lilac

#118 - Flower pattern

#119 - Fan Flowers (inspired by the shape of my electrical fan!)

#120 - Abstract flowers

In this series of paintings I really started to enjoy drawing flowers with black paint. I also love that you can go back in with a wet brush and create some gray colours to fill in some of the white. It gives a bit more life to the paintings.

Also in general I am really enjoying drawing with my paintbrush. I love the feel of it and the unpredictability of the lines. I feel these morning paintings are really starting to teach me some control over my brush strokes, not too much though, I like the surprises. ;-)

Hope you are all happily making or arting or doing whatever else lights up your life.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carin,
    More lovely prints! I especially like the black ink flowers with the color washes. I can just imagine them on fabric done up as a pretty summer skirt or dress. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice weekend!

    Mary HJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, hope you have/had a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful way to start the day! It must leave you feeling full of joy whatever the weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lottie, weather never bothers me, but a painting is always a good way to start the day. :-)

      Delete
  3. When you use markers or ink on top of the gouache in your morning paintings, how do you have enough time for the paint to dry? Do you use a dryer? (contemplating starting a bit of art journaling ... ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, gouache dries very quickly actually, but yes, I do have a hair dryer to help speed things along. I think it's one of my most indispensable tools! ;-)

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that you have found a daily creative practice that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andria, as long as it makes me happy I'll keep going.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...