Friday, March 6, 2015

Want some snail mail? Let me know!

There was a time when I did lots of art trading in the form of either mail art or artist trading cards, but somehow I have let all that slip for different kinds of art.

I'm perfectly okay with that, but sometimes I just feel like making mail art again or postcards or just something I can send to someone. So recently I gave into that urge and I made eight art cards.



I used some left over photographs that had remained unused from an old journal project and just combined them with self made collage elements, washi tape and some bits and bobs. I really enjoyed using all these pieces to turn them into what I consider an attractive composition on a card. It made me realize that I had kind of missed doing this type of thing and why I used to do it in the first place.

Here are the cards close up:









So now I have these eight cards and I would really like to send them to someone. So that's why the title of this post is 'Want some mail?', because I would like them to go to my blogsy people! So this is sort of a little art giveaway.

If you would like to receive some snail mail from me all you have to do is mail me at c.m.j.winkelman[at]home.nl and I will send one of the above to you. I will not use your address for anything else, promise. Don't leave your addy in the comments, I can't guarantee some creepy person is not lurking around to abuse it. If you have a preference for a certain card let me know and I will see what I can do, but I can't promise anything. 

If I have more than 8 takers I will draw some 'winners' who will get the cards, but I will probably make some more in the future and then those left over will be the first to receive one of those. So in the end everybody wins, haha. 

Update: all cards are taken and then some! Wow, they went fast. I'll get back to all takers personally through mail or facebook messenger. 
I will make some more in the future. I'll let you know as soon as there's another batch made and offer them here on the blog.



I don't need anything in return, by the way, but don't let that stop you from sending me mail art too, haha. I love receiving mail. And yes, I know there are sites and groups where you can exchange mail art and such (I have been a member of several in the past), but it's usually around themes and prompts and with deadlines and I hate that. I just want to make some cards and send them. The end. ;-)


Look forward to sending these your way. Until then have a wonderful and artsy day!



12 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore following your blog, the things you create and your walks and descriptions. I feel as though I have got to know you and would love to receive one of your gorgeous post cards. I will email you and if let me have your details I will make some mail art for you in return

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words Lottie. I mailed you back as you know. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Prachtige kaarten, ik zou niet kunnen kiezen! Ik heb je vanmorgen een mailtje gestuurd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...en ik heb teruggemaild, haha. Groetjes!

      Delete
  3. Je kaarten zijn prachtig en inspirerend!
    Ik ga jeeen mail sturen! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb volgens mij geen mail van je gehad. Als je alsnog een kaart wilt mail me dan en ik zet je op de wachtlijst voor de volgende ronde.

      Delete
  4. i would love to send you some snail mail. What's your mailing address?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can mail me privately at c.m.j.winkelman[at]home.nl Peggy.

      Delete
  5. How fun and how awesome that your lovely art is now spreading joy elsewhere in the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I love about it Lynette, just the thought that my stuff gets around the world. :-)

      Delete
  6. Hoi Carin,
    Misschien ken je Tante Jannies Postkamer nog niet.... geen thema's, alleen een brief en leuke dingetjes erbij sturen wordt gevraagd. Je kunt het ook geheel in eigen tempo doen. Leuk om er even te kijken? Groetjes, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...