Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Fifty little paintings in a row

Well, I have reached a little milestone a short while ago: I did my fiftieth morning painting! Fifty little paintings in a row, who would have thought I could do that? I was pretty proud of myself I can tell you.

Meanwhile I have done more paintings already, but here are the morning paintings right untill number fifty.

#43 - "Garden"

#44 - "Fast Flowers"

#45 - "Sarah 2"

#46 - "Tree Silhouettes"

#47 - "Simple Flowers"

#48 - "Mail Order Catalogue Girl"

#49 - "Branch"

#50 - "Mail Order Catalogue Girl"

As you can see the last few paintings I have been experimenting with a coloured background - sometimes decorated with white or beige paint marker - and then drawing with black paint on top of that. I think it's good practice for brush movements to learn to get the brush to do exactly what I want. I am really enjoying this drawing with a paint brush and I like the effect also. And black gouache is just so beautiful.

I love how these morning paintings have no real consistency in them, I just follow whatever I feel like doing at the moment and when I'm tired of that I start to do something else.

No rules, just paint. That seems to be the motto of these paintings and it's working well for me.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.

12 comments:

  1. I love that you create every day and share your fresh ideas and creations with us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing keeps me motivated Linda. I love that I create every day too, it hasn't always been that way, so it makes me very happy. :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome achievement - especially love that last turquoise catalogue girl. Raising a glass to your next 50 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your creative milestone, Caatje! Fifty morning paintings is quite an accomplishment. What a wonderful daily practice! I especially like your branch/tree silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my favorites too! And yes, it is a wonderful daily practice. I like how even when I have no idea what to do a page somehow gets filled. ;-)

      Delete
  4. 'Tekenen' met kwast valt niet mee, maar het gaat jou goed af. Je kunt ook echt zien dat je vooruit gaat - de verhoudingen in je afbeeldingen worden met elk schilderij beter. Het gezegde 'oefening baart kunst' is zeker waar. Op naar de volgende mijlpaal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel. Ik zie zelf de vooruitgang niet altijd, maar ik heb er wel plezier in. En tekenen met de kwast blijkt erg fijn te zijn.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...