Monday, March 9, 2015

Morning Paintings

Before we get to this post let me just say thank you to everyone who responded to my previous post about snail mail. You all make me so happy! I had a whole lot of takers, so now there is an actual sort of waiting list for my next bunch of art cards. I'll keep you posted.

Now it's time for a new batch of morning paintings. Yes, I'm still painting every day, but I did have a little break when I had the flu. I'm not superwoman after all, haha. Also I'm less strict about having to paint early in the morning. I'm trying to loosen up about that, I need my sleep, so sometimes my morning paintings are actually done in the afternoon, so maybe I should rechristen them into 'daily paintings' even though the majority of them is still done in the morning.

As you know last time I finished my first sketchbook of 32 paintings and now you will get to see the first lot in a brand new sketchbook. Except...it's not an actual sketchbook. Instead I chose an A5 size photoalbum / scrapbook. The reason is that this book has protective thin sheets of paper in between the actual pages, which means that the paintings can't rub off on each other. I thought this was a rather brilliant idea of myself. ;-) The paper is not ideal, but it's thick and sturdy and it can take a lot of paint, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway, here are ten more morning/daily paintings!

#33 - "Morning Paintings" - the opening page of a new sketchbook

#34 - "Heart of hearts"

#35 - "Imaginary Girl"

#36 -  "All the colours in my paintbox"

#37 - "Flower Landscape"

#38 - "Sick Days"

#39 - "Abstract"

#40 - "Sarah" - after a cd-cover of Sarah McLachlan

#41 - "Corinne"- after a cd-cover of Corinne Bailey Rae

#42 - "Abstract"

Of all my paintings so far I'm most proud of the one of Corinne Bailey Rae. I really like how that one turned out. But I don't always have time for such an elaborate painting and also I don't always feel like it. Sometimes I just want to push paint around and sometimes I'm just happy to be able to fill a page at all. One can't be wonderfully inspired and accomplished every darn day! ;-)

But... I still enjoy this thing so I will keep doing it for a while yet. If I ever get tired of it you'll be the first to know. Promise.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!