Friday, November 30, 2012

Photography Friday

Autumn is passing. Slowly but steadily the branches of the trees are getting more and more empty. I'm showing you some of the last fall colors before they are gone. I will miss them.












What I do love about more and more leaves falling is the thick carpet they leave on the forest floor. So soft and colourful to walk on. So beautiful. And also I am looking forward to winter and to even shorter days than there already are. I'm such a none summer person that autumn and winter are like one big holiday to me. Even though spring is still four months away I'm already feeling time is speeding too fast. In a few weeks it will be Christmas already! Can't fall and winter stay all year this season? Just once? Please? ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend and do come back next week for my atc-tutorial!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Caatje... and yes... the thick carpet of leaves is wonderful... our Summer begins tomorrow... and we have already been having some HOT HOT days... fans are on as I type... but there is something quite magical about autumn and winter isn't there...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps being strange to think how opposite our seasons are. I'm glad I'm on the winterside of things right now. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your photos are wonderful! They would make lovely backgrounds for journals, atcs, etc. I miss the fall/winter season here on the Alabama Gulf Coast. We have very mild winters and almost no fall to speak of - mostly evergreens here...I miss Kentucky sweater-weather! :) Enjoy your Christmas Season...I'm looking forward to your upcoming tutorial!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do use my photographs in my journal regularly, it adds a personal touch. I hope you have a wonderful season too.

      Delete
  3. Our autumn has been much more slow and leisurely this year than in the past, and I have just relished it. But as of a few days ago it is OVER and the winter chill has set in even if the calendar has not declared it to be winter yet. I am just so happy for how much time I had to enjoy fall this year...seems like so many years it is over as soon as I remember to take notice of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn has been quite slow here too, but time just goes too fast anyway, haha. Winter is really here now, we even had a little snow today. It melted, but it was there!

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...