Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What are you up to Wednesday - part 38 (woyww 141)

I have a confession to make. Last week I posted my woyww post, but did not visit one other desk, except for our hostess Julia's of course. I just didn't have the time. So I'm extra amazed when someone comments on my Wednesday posts claiming they are visiting all other participants. That's close to 200 blogs! How on earth do you do that? The way it usually goes with me is that I will randomly pick about 10 to 20 blogs and look and comment on them. I cannot be the only one who does it that way, at least I hope not, or I would feel really guilty. By picking different blogs every week I will cover most of you over time, but not all of you every single week. I hope you understand. I don't want to make blogging my full time occupation. ;-) I do love looking at other people's workdesks though, so if you feel te same go visit Julia's blog and check out some (or all if you're braver than me) of the other participants.

Here's how my desk looks at the moment:


Sorry about the dark quality of the photo. It was getting a little dark when I took it and I don't have a flash on my phone.
What you're looking at is my Studio Book, the sketchbook I keep in my studio. I'm testing out some pens and markers on both white and black paper to see how they perform. I just received a package of wonderful UniPosca paint markers and still have to test those. I'm thinking of doing a black paged doodle book, so I need markers that show up on dark paper.
You can also see little bottles of craft paint. Those I'm using for the altered atlas which pages are finally getting some colors on them. I intended to do this with a credit card, but found it too time consuming, so now I'm using baby wipes, which goes really well.

As a bonus I want to give you a last look at the fields of ice around the island. I say a last look, because since Sunday it has started to warm up and most of them have melted away already. All the snow is gone too. It's amazing how fast that can go. Anyway, this is how things looked last Saturday.



There's still ice in the Wadden Sea though and the ferry still has an adapted schedule, but I don't think this will last very long anymore. I'm sorry to see Winter go again and there's no way of knowing if it will return this season or if Spring will start to move in. I will miss all that crisp whiteness and the crisp air. But I have tons of images to remember it all by.

Wishing you all a very artsy Wednesday!

25 comments:

  1. Oh Em Gee! Love those ice photos. What a fabulous place to live.
    As for commenting, I try to comment on those who have commented on mine - sort of pay back, but then throw in an odd extra one or two. Today I am up and running and so far am keeping up with ALL the blogs - a first for me but bet it will stop soon as my feet are frozen.
    Don't forget to call in if you haven't already and check out my blog candy - it closes late tonight and I should be drawing tomorrow. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Neet 29

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the ice. I try to comment on everyones but sometimes that isn't possible so I comment on those you visit my blog first and then others. Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Don't forget my blog candy is still up for grabs so drop by and leave a comment and make sure you are a follower. Vickie #64

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pfft, even in het Nederlands. Leuk te ontdekken hoe creatief mensen aan de kust zijn. Ik even verder gekeken op je blog en vond prachtige craft journals. Je foto's van het ijs zijn heel herkenbaar, hier in Zeeland is het ook op enkele plekken te zien. Jammer dat het zo gauw weg smelt. Thanks for sharing and a happy WOYWW. Bye, Franka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are spectacular Caatje... how pretty it must be to see it first hand... and I love my Posca pens... cheap to buy and work so well...

    Have a wonderful day...
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the look around your fab space, Have a great week Kerry @ 30

    ReplyDelete
  6. What i do is I usually start at the bottom of the list because they usually get less visitors! Nice pictures of the ice! Brrrr! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what beautiful photos, I try and visit a random set and all this who visit e! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the view of the fields of ice, Great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing, #52

    ReplyDelete
  9. love to see your creative desk!
    Happy Wednesday :-)
    Hugs Marleen #45

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sea pictures, fabulous desk, love your journal

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ice photos are brilliant - sooooobeautiful. I tend to work out from my link and try to go 10 forward and 10 back and then random ones if i have the time. Sometimes I look but dont comment. too many to get around all of the blogs so i try to visit different ones each week so i get to be really nosey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, the ice is melting fast! I agree with what Neet says about keeping up on the blogs, thats my philosophy too. Enjoyed peeking in on your desk, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb photos. Interesting things on your desk - good to try out the different pens and paints. As for commenting, some weeks I get round quite a lot or perhaps all of the blogs (not often!) and other times I start with say every number that ends in 5 and then 6 and so on and see how I go. Last week I didn't manage to visit any, so it varies. Today I'm making a special effort (Hazel, WOYW #138) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the photos...great view of the ice. I have to say I'm glad it's there and not here I'm a warm weather girl. have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  15. totally with you on the commenting thing. I try to visit my visitors and blogs I follow plus as many others as I can fit in. I dont know how Julia gets round to everyone, I think she will have to cut down soon as there are soo many now.
    Love the pictures of the ice, there must be some great arty pictures there.
    janet #59

    ReplyDelete
  16. That photos shows that it is much too much cold where you are at. An altered atlas! What a cool idea. I've done that with my pens before--given them all a good scribble to see what each is like and what papers they look best on. It makes for interesting results in the end, so how thoughtful of you to do so in your art journal so you can refer to them. That is better than on scratch that you then toss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures, but a little too cold for me! I'll probably have to miss next week's woyww as we have a funeral...but then again...you have to keep sane when life throws things at you. Have a very Crafty Week,
    Happy WOyWw
    ((Lyn))) #15

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pictures of the icy sea are amazing. What a wonderous place you must live to have a view like that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I try to visit everyone's that I can but I don't get through them all. i also go randomly, so that I get a good sampling. I do a couple at a time throughout the day, so I am able to hit quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow those scenery photos are stunning, but I have to admit I will be glad to see the back of Winter this year! I try to comment on the people who visit me and pick a few more at random, it's getting more difficult to cover everyone as there are lots more people now. I try to reach three figures with my commenting!

    Hugs
    Brenda 6

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your workspace - and the ice photos are lovely!

    I only manage to visit those who visit me, and a couple of extras if I get time - bit like Neet. Some folks get round everybody, but they're usually the ones who don't work and dedicate a day to it, or they don't actually read the blog, just comment!

    Thanks for stopping by mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your ice pics, ok I'll hold my hand up, I said I visit everyone and I do, but over a few days or so. I'm at home due to medical conditions so I find visiting everyone a good way to forget about my pain & it helps me focus on positive things. Because everyone is so lovely & creative. I like reading everyone's stories & comment when blogger lets me! Take care, thanks for sharing & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 86

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ik bezoek ook niet iedereen. Ik klik wat linkjes aan, afhankelijk van hoeveel tijd en zin ik heb. En ik bezoek iedereen die een bericht op mijn blog achterlaat (bedankt daarvoor :))

    Was het zo koud dat er zelfs ijs in de zee lag?! Wow dat had ik graag willen zien.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Commenting on WOYWW is tough - I think your approach is just fine...it's meant to be fun! I got round all 200 last week by doing it over 4 days..but it means I don't visit any other blogs for pleasure, so it is a trade off, and I don't do it each week!
    Your desk looks very neat and interesting; I know the artist in you needs to prepare by finding out what your tools can do, but it is an admirable and methodical approach, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...