Friday, February 17, 2012

Patterns in the snow

You may have guessed by now I like taking photographs. I'm by no means a 'photographer'. To me a photographer is somebody who actually knows what they're doing and can tell you something about camera's and shutter time and aperture and all that stuff. I'm more a documentalist than a photographer. By that I mean that I like to record things, be it writing or in images. To me that's what photography is, a way to very quickly record an image, not a search for the perfect settings. And I just happen to be one of those people that sees images everywhere! ;-)

One of the things that fascinate me are patterns. I don't know why this is, but I always end up taking pictures of things like tree bark, wood grain,  fencing, structure, repetitive items etc.  The recent snow gave me the chance to take some pictures of patterns left in the snow or affected by the snow. So here's a little sample of what I'm talking about.








Now the last picture has little to do with patterns, but I just thought it was cool. This is a shadow of me and some trees cast on a frozen pond. Wouldn't this make an fun painting?


As you can tell I'm having a hard time letting go of winter. It was so short lived, wonderful, but short lived. I wish it would return so I could explore it a little more. Oh well...

Winter or no, I wish all of you a wonderful and artsy weekend!