Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What are you up to Wednesday - part 37 (woyww 140)

My two major projects right now are the altered atlas and the making of my third Remains of the Day journal, ROD Square. And yet the table in my studio looks like this:


I just finished another ribbon and circle drawing in my studio book. They are such fun to do and sometimes you just need a break from the big projects, right? The thing with big projects is that they take time to get finished and sometimes you just want to finish something quickly so you have something to show. I keep doing these ribbon drawings in my sketchbook and I'm sure I will show you some more in a seperate post sometime soon.

As for the atlas, there's not much to see. I'm in the final stages of the gessoing of the pages and will probably get around to adding some color either tonight or tomorrow night. Anyway, it wouldn't make for an interesting picture, just white pages. ;-)

But in my sewing room I can show what happened to the stash of pretty papers I showed you last week.


They have turned into four square signatures for ROD Square! This is going to be a thick book! The base of the pages is now done, but I still want to add little bits and pieces to the pages to spice them up a little. After that I will have to start thinking about the cover. This is the first time I'm making a journal like this where I make the pages before the cover.

On a completely different note and in case you were wondering: winter is still with us on the island. Big piles of ice are gathering on the south side. It looks quite spectacular. I took some black and white pictures of it today. It's like fields of ice all crammed up together.




The pictures don't do the vastness of it any justice, but at least you get an idea. I'm taking photographs by the dozens (did I say dozens? I meant hundreds) these days, because I don't want to miss one image now winter is still here. There's talk of it warming up starting this Sunday, so I'm taking every shot I can.

Well, that's it from my side of the world this Wednesday. Hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday too!



16 comments:

  1. Oooh I love those ribbons and swirls that you have painted, they look stunning as do your fabulous B&W Winter themed photos :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen #90

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie foto's!!! En ook de linten en het ROD boek wordt mooi....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those ribbon drawings! What a great way to have a break from a project!

    Thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW.

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ribbon drawing Caatje... and your square ROD signatures...
    AND the photos of the ice are incredible.... your photos are always amazing...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love those ribbon painting, and your photos are stunning!!! Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting idea on the pretty papers and the book~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black and white pictures are AWESOME! It speaks volumes, they make me think of isolation, quite scary too! love them! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning ice pics. Love what you've done with your papers too. Thanks for sharing & enjoy this week's WOYWW. I've been nosing at lots of desks in my attempt to visit everyone. Zo xx 83

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are breathtaking. Love the black and white!

    Your craft room looks so comfortable and inviting. If I were only stuck on your island.....

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay
    #129

    ReplyDelete
  10. The papers you are using in your ROD journal are really beautiful. I love to see how you are appreciating winter so much...a fantastic subject for black and white photography, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos! Love how colorful your ribbons and circles page is!

    Happy WOYWW! dani13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your environment is starkly beautiful, and so different from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fascinating pictures, very moody! My word it must be cold for the sea to ice!!
    The ROD square book is coming in leaps, do you know yet how you're going to bind it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the ribbons of colours, your fabrics and wonderful photos! stunning and full of it's own monochrome magic! Thanks for letting us look in and peek at your desk... Sarah at 7...

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the veiw of your desk! riboons and circles so pretty. those winter photos are s awesome thanks for peek..

    Michele x153

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww please show us how you do that ribbon art, its gorgeous, I was going to ask where you lived to show us such unique vastness pictures, will have to research it, I love exotic lands and being able to visit them through others blogs
    Bridget #51

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...