Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ROD2 completed

I know, I promised you the conclusion of ROD2 for yesterday, but life got in the way, so today's the day!  Better a little late than never, right? Right! ;-)

About a week ago I finished my second Remains of the Day Journal and today I'll show you the last spreads and how the journal now looks standing up and brimming with stuff. As before you will get the before and after pictures. Here we go!

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After (sorry about the glare)

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before


After

Well, that's all folks! I'm proud to have filled it up so well, but I'm sad to see it go, even though of course it's not really going anywhere, since I'll cherish it forever. I just won't work in it on a day to day basis anymore, so I will miss it. But...my new journal, the in between journal, is already on its way and I will show you more about that one soon and look forward to that. I'm also working on a tutorial based on that journal, so stay tuned!

I hope you enjoyed watching ROD2 get filled and I also hope you will have a wonderful artsy week.

(PS, thanks for the responses to my last post. I'm thinking about which option I like best and will get back to you on that. I do aim to make commenting as easy as possible, but that has to go for myself too, haha.)

19 comments:

  1. This looks awesome Caatje; I so like that you have done both the before and afters, all I can see on youtube is people flicking through their journals after they have created it but not after they've written in it. I WANT TO SEE IT COMPLETE, that's where the goodness is lol so thank you for sharing. I know it's tough when you finish a journal isn't it? You get this sense of pride that it's filled but real sadness it's 'gone' lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I got up off of this computer chair more often...I'd read your tutorials again because THIS is a wonderful journal. I've enjoyed seeing it come together and look forward to making one.! And...excited about your next tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your journal, Caatje. I haven't started incorporating fabric into mine yet. Do you actually sew the fabric in? Do you use matte medium to affix fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Every time I come here and you show pages out of your ROD I think I have to try it out for myself sometime, but am on a self imposed "finish the journals you've got" thing right now!!! Later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work as always -- I especially liked seeing the 3rd spread with your butterfly journal spot - I have that too :-) Thanks for your comments about my Finding Time post...so agree with you about the TV watchers! Happy week

    ReplyDelete
  7. flipped thru up pics of the journal. awesome.! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pages. Thank you for putting the "before" and the "after" pages right next to each other so I could see how you completed the pages. TFS
    Aloha, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Fran: there is no fabric on the pages of the journal, it's all paper. The cover is fabric though. The journal is sewn, mostly with a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heerlijk gevoel is dat hè, zo'n kleurrijk, vol boek! Het ziet er fantastisch uit Caatje!

    ReplyDelete
  11. proud indeed! that journal is so lovely. really & truly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. heeeej Caatje, wat heb je weer super coole dingen gemaakt!!

    Thankx voor je reactie op mijn blog. Het is geen copycat van mijn werk, maar van mijn léven...
    da's minder stoer eeej ;-)


    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've enjoyed watching your journal fill up with writing and love the overall look after it's finished. There's one page I couldn't have written on - the rose sprayed, with 'The well groomed man" label. That's my weakness though, and you still have the before photo. Well done with this journal, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wat een mooi boek is dat geworden! Zal wel heel erg leuk en inspirerend zijn geweest om in te schrijven!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Het doet me keihard zin krijgen om zelf weer eens aan de slag te gaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love being able to see the "after" pages. Such a fab journal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deze entry liet me niet meer los - heel erg bedankt dus! Na een aantal maanden niet meer in m'n journal bezig geweest te zijn ging ik vandaag eens deze stijl uitproberen, & ik vind het heel leuk! Bedankt voor de inspiratie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...