Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What are you up to Wednesday - part 35 (woyww 138)

Can you believe it's Wednesday again already? Where did the week go? Sometimes it feels like I just blink my eyes once and woosh, another Wednesday has come around! Somehow these woyww posts make me very aware of the quickly passing time.

Now, without further philosophical ado, let's look at my workdesk!


What you see is the result of my altered atlas not being ready for use by far as my next journal. As I told you in my last post, my ROD2 journal is almost full (I will probably finish it tomorrow). Now I need something to get me over the time between my current journal and the new altered atlas. So, I sat down to do a quicky journal.


This is the inside of the journal without the extra's I'm currently adding. This is so easy to do and very fast too.  This took about half an hour! All you need is a piece of household sponge, some watercolor or gouache and a bowl of water. I took a lot of pictures and may yet do a tutorial on how to really quickly prep a journal this way. But that's for another time.


The journal is actually a little sketchbook I bought at the National Gallery in London. It depicts one of my favorite paintings, which is Lake Keitele by Akseli Gallen-Kallela. As you can see I have very disrespectfully drawn right over the painting and the back of the book with a black marker and a white paint marker. I didn't want to make the painting unrecognizable, but I did want to add a little personal touch. As you can see I called this journal, very aptly, "The In Between Book". ;-)

Right now I'm adding little tags and pockets to the journal pages with washi tape and then it will be ready for use. It will be a simple journal and I have no idea yet how the pages will look when I start filling it up. But I'll be sure to keep you posted on that!

Wishing you all a very artsy Wednesday!

21 comments:

  1. Great desk this week, and i love that journal you're making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking desk! You make it sound so easy to make an in between book but I have been struggling! Awesome colors! Have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking desk, the cover looks great!!!happy woyww. Glad it's not just me whothinks we'd comes round fast!!!hugs tracex no16

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the journal, fab looking desk have a great week, Hugs MAY X X X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. My goodness you live in such an interesting place...I had to google:) Your desk looks lovely...I like your table covering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab little journal Hope you have a great week Lou #84

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work - it looks fabulous! I love your tablecloth too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to create a journal one day - yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sponging that you did to your journal pages. The cover is pretty awesome! Love the way that you made the cover your own! Thanks for sharing your WOYWW! -Amanda 36

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creative desk, I love your journal that you are making :)

    Have a great WOYWW, Luv Karen #80

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi...love the look of the journal so far be great to see it when finished...glad you like my header, you see my Mother comes from a long line of Foxes and we originally hail from Yorkshire (where lots of family still are)...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy artsy Wednesday right back at you! I do love the in between journal! Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time is flying! I find when you have certain things to do on a particular day each week, the weeks seem to go by faster, it's that old saying " time flies when your having fun" or have lots to do, that last bit was added on by me. Your in-between journal looks great, the sponge watercolor technique seems like great fun. Happy WOYWW. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is a cute in between book! love the colorful pages you made.
    happy WOYWW, and thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I finally made it here, long trek round the desks this week! I love your bright table cloth and that great looking journal, but I poked about a bit and I love where you live! What a beautiful place and how lucky you are to live there! Oh, and I'm not a knitting hero, that would be my almost 75 yr old mum who taught herself to knit at age 11 by knitting a jumper when she was home sick! All I usually knit are dishcloths!! The socks have definitely been an experience!

    Hugs
    Brenda 99

    ReplyDelete
  16. its taken a while for me to get around the desks, but loving your journals.

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that journal! Akseli Gallen is one of my favorite artist. I find him so innovative, one of my favorite painting is Aallotaret

    ReplyDelete
  18. me too....the days, weeks and months....just flying by at warp speed! ackkk...!!! slow down world please!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...