Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spreads from ROD2

After all the photography of last week I'd say it's high time I showed some artsy stuff again. I want to thank all of you for the nice responses to my Vlieland tour. I really enjoyed it.

I have a truckload of journal spreads to show you, but I won't do them all at once, but spread them out over three posts in the coming weeks. Today you get to see eight new spreads from my second Remains of the Day Journal, ROD2.

Just like last time I want to show you the before and after of the pages. The before being the state they were in after I finished making the journal and the after being the pages all done. Let's go!

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

All these pages were done at the end of december 2011. Even for me it's interesting to see the before and after difference. I sometimes am under the impression I don't change all that much, but that does not seem to be true and it's good to see how the adding of tape, images and text can change the whole outlook of a page. It's kind of like the difference between a showroom and a home that's actually been lived in. I like a journal that's been lived in! ;-)

I hope you enjoyed these pages and hope you are having a wonderfully artsy week!

20 comments:

  1. Your filled pages are delicious to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are WONDERFUL! Thank you for sharing them, and especially for the before and after shots. It's so helpful to see what people add to their pages in the journaling process. Your book is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages! I have thought of making one of these ROD journals but I'm afraid that I wouldn't want to write on the pages because they start out so pretty. I see from yours that the writing only makes them better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of pages! Absoltely love seeing the before and after. This is an altogether fabulous journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your before and after photos. Thanks so much for sharing them with us! Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep thinking I need to try this. Your pages are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing these - loving all the little details

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pages! Love to see them filled with your writing.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did so much journaling! Your pages look great. I think it must be such fun to journal in an ROD book, with such fun and beautiful papers just waiting to be written on/altered. Someday I'll get myself in gear and work through the ROD workshop I purchased!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weer een mooie serie Caatje! Het is leuk om te zien hoe zo'n pagina uiteindelijk een mooi geheel wordt door wat je ermee doet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful transformation your journaling makes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fantastic. Love seeing the before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing the before and after, the writing really brings your lovely pages to life. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderfully detailed pages...you did so well with the before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "It's kind of like the difference between a showroom and a home that's actually been lived in. I like a journal that's been lived in!"

    This is a quote worth repeating!!! I love how incredibly different your pages look with writing, photos and other accents. Great Work, Great Encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Geweldig om weer wat pagina's te zien! Vreemd wel, hoe je over alle stiksels weer tape plakt... maar ik ken dat mechanisme heel goed. Als ik ooit een 'achtergrond' maak waar ik later op ga werken, verander ik er een heleboel aan (soms smeer ik zelfs alles onder de gesso en begin opnieuw) Het heeft te maken met de stemming waarin je de eerste en de tweede keer werkt denk ik... Je werk is weer fantastisch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ccaatje, these are absolutely wonderful. love the before and after shots. i am not really a journaler, but i love to make books. when i look at the blank pages after i'm finished i think they are too busy and how would i add to them and keep the wonderful papers and things i worked to put in there. but looking at yours with all the busy scrapbook papers (which i love) i love how you just leveled the playing field by jouraling right over everything. you even added more to them and still it all comes together. love all the tapes covering the stitching lines and more tags and whatever. maybe this will inspire me to actually journal in one of my books.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. I still haven't done this...but you sure make me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mooi!! Erg leuk om te zien hoe het was en hoe het geworden is!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...