Monday, January 23, 2012

ROD2 continued

I have only a few more spreads to go before ROD2 is finished. I enjoy this journal so much and it's really a pity it's almost full (I think I say that about all my journals though). Plans for another one are already in my head and I'm thinking of making my next ROD journal in a square format of 8x8. We'll see. ;-)

Today you get to see another series of spreads. These were made around the holidays and my vacation. As before there will be before and after pictures to give you an idea of what I added while journaling. Hope you enjoy these spreads, I certainly enjoy the comments I get on this journal from all of you!

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Keep in mind that many of the cards and photo's I added can be lifted and have writing on the back. Sometimes a little tab or card that you can lift can be very handy to hide words you don't want everybody to read. Which doesn't mean there are deep dark secrets stored behind every picture though! ;-)

Next monday I will probably be able to show you all the rest of ROD2, since I'm hoping to finish this journal this week. By that time I also hope to have a new journal lined up. It will probably not be the next altered atlas yet, because I still have way too much to do on that one before it's ready for use. So it will be a surprise, to me as well, what I will use next. I'll keep you posted.

For now I wish all of you a wonderful and artsy week!

18 comments:

  1. i love the before and after idea as it shows what the book becomes. and i do have a question.. how do you sew the pages in the book? it must be awkward getting the book in the sewing machine and hard to handle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just loving the before and after pictures of these journals! I can't wait to see what you will do with the Atlas ... waiting with baited breath!
    All my best-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially love the tape you've used on these

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous before/after journal! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you show the before and after on the ROD journals- it's so helpful! Can't wait to see the next installment and the new journal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you're including the before and after shots. What a difference. I have SO much paper to use up...just gotta get busy on one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Caatje... so lovely to see your pages... ROD Journals are fabulous.... love the mix of different elements that they contain... and the hidden journaling...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, as always. You certainly look like you are enjoying the ROD journals tremendously. Look forward to seeing ROD3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your journal looks gorgeous! I love the before and after photos, and your handwriting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. carin,
    i too enjoy the before/after shots! your journal is ALIVE. all the patterned paper is delicious. mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love seeing the "after" photos of your journal, it gives me incentive to write in my own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!
    Really enjoyed the "before & after" photos.
    Thank you for sharing your talents :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see somebody is a fan of Graphic 45like me!! Love these new spreads, especially because we can see the before as well as the after. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love the "before and after" photos you posted. Your pages are lovely.
    JudiM

    ReplyDelete
  15. love what you've done. before and after so compelling and full of richness. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for your wonderful words!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your journals! The writing over all of those other textures is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your journal is awesome! i think i will add some scrapbook paper to the journal i'm using now! nothing as fancy as this though. it would take me forever! happy WOYWW, and thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...