Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What are you up to Wednesday - part 33 (woyww 132)

High time for another Wednesday post, especially since I skipped last week. This week the desk in my studio looks like this, a bunch of paper scraps.


Better late than never I have finally started working on my christmas cards. Most of last night was spent picking out papers and loose elements that I wanted to put together on a card, and folding cream colored paper into the base of the cards. The cards will be square shaped.


Above is my first try for a lay out for one of the cards. I guess you could call this my test card. I really wanted to do stitched cards this year, so....that's what I did! ;-) I love stitching paper to paper. I have no idea why, but there's just something about it that just really makes me very happy. It took me a while to figure out what look I was going for, but eventually I had a concept that I liked which involved a patterned paper background, some loose paper elements and a piece of ribbon. I stitch those together and then stitch the little collage on the card. So far I have only finished three cards.


I really like how they are turning out. Each card will be unique, but all done in a similar style. I will make about 30 cards in total, so I still have 27 to go. I'd better get going tonight, 'cause I want to have them finished this weekend so I can send them in time for christmas.

Hope you are all having an artsy Wednesday too!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely, I do like the L/O's, never tried stiching paper, but one day I'll give it a go,
    Bit late getting on this week due to various disasters, but belated happy WOYWW
    Lou #102

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card arrangements, loved seeing all the snips on your table, busy busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stitching on paper, although mine is hand stitched! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that I need to get going on the cards if I want to get them out this weekend. It has been a busy month so far. love the cards you have finished. The stitching is awesome. Have a great week and Happy Holidays! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #35

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your table is full of creative goodness Caatje with all the paper scraps... love your gorgeous cards... they are so lovely...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing a quick drop in on the WOYWW desks to see what you've all been up to this week. Looks like we are all busy busy this week getting ready for the big day.
    Have a great week.
    A x
    ps if you would like to support me I am looking out for votes for my poppy pic. Please pop over to my blog and follow the links if you have a spare minute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a big job! These look really nice...you know how much I love the look of stitched paper! I don't know if I'm even going to get Christmas cards out this year, let alone handmade ones, so I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look awesome, and it makes me want to do some, too! I have vacation time now, so that's great! Thanks for the inspiration ; ) !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Pages! You have a nice desk! Thanks for sharing! Happy WOYWW! Love the other post about your new Kitty too!

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin #63

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...