Monday, May 16, 2011

Second border sheet freebie

It's been a busy couple of days since I posted last wednesday and not much of them was spent on art. But I did manage to finish my second border sheet so at least there's a little freebie for you all to enjoy.

Just click on the picture and you will go to my flickr where you can download the image in different sizes including a 300 dpi original.


This is the last of the series that I made for the handmade book I'm going to do. Again feel free to use these borders in your art or journal. Teri of the blissfully art journaling group I'm a part of suggested making decorative tapes out of these borders and I think that's a very cool idea. You could print them on clear label sheets or sticker paper for instance and just use them to embellish envelopes or packages.


For my book I will be printing them on watercolor paper to make them nice and sturdy and stitch them onto the pages. I will do the same with the labels and tags I made.  I think for now however I want to take a little break from this project and maybe get my acrylics out tonight and do something different.

I'm also planning to do more hand drawn sheets. I have made a whole list of  possible subjects for these and they would keep me busy forever, but it's good to have ideas on the back burner for later. My idea is to do collage sheets that will also be freebies, but I have no idea when I will get around to that, I will keep you posted on this blog though. For now I hope you enjoyed what I made so far. Let me know if you use any of it, 'cause it makes me happy ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Nou ja zeg, kom ik weer zo maar via EDM bij je op je blog... En jeetje wat mooi allemaal! Ik vind je tekeningen ook prachtig en je hebt helemaal gelijk wat betreft Art At the Speed of Life!
    Groetjes,

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful and you will have a very colorful book! I went to your Flickr photos and love the tags - especially the houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the borders...looking forward to seeing your book, with them stitched into place...sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the borders. I have been using your last one as a wallpaper on my phone! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love your colors and the patterns are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caatje, these borders are super cute, love your colour chooices here. Thanks for being so generous and sharing what you do with us! I will look forward to seeing that book finished, bet it will be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design, very cute and sweet! Very colorful and cheerful as well

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...