Thursday, February 21, 2019

Texel in five walks - Fifth walk

My last day on Texel I made a very nice walk through a mostly snowy landscape. The wind was again ice cold and the atmosphere gray, but it was a lighter gray than the day before.

My walk started at Dijkmanshuizen, the middle of nowhere where I had finished the day before and ended in Den Burg. Officially the walk around the island ends where it began at 't Horntje near the ferry, but that would be too far for me, so I did not do the last few kilometers of the route. That will have to be done another time.

The last walk took me through my favorite town on Texel, which is Oudeschild. I'm not sure why it is my favorite, but I think it has something to do with the harbour it holds and the atmosphere of a real fishing town.

Anyway, here's an impression of the last walk of my Texel vacation:



I had to walk a few kilometers along the dyke again in even colder winds than the day before.


The marina at Oudeschilld, quite empty this time of year.

And a bit further on there's the actual harbour with it's docks and fishing trawlers.








This windmill is part of the museum Kaap Skil, which I also visited.








I told these sheep they were supermodels and they agreed.


Here you can see the slight hilly landscape that is called Hoge Berg near Den Burg.






And so ends our walking tour of Texel. Even now I am still a bit homesick for it, because it's such a wonderful way to live to just walk and take pictures all day without any of the worries, obligations and chores that are part of everyday life.

Still I'm lucky I get to go on these walking trips from time to time and it really recharges me to do so.

I hope you enjoyed walking along with me these past few posts and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.