Tuesday, June 7, 2016

From the Morning Book

My Morning Book is my way of doing art every day. Every morning right after I get up I go into my studio and work on this book for half an hour. Some pages are done in one sitting, but most take several 'days' to finish. It's slow going, but it's a wonderful way to start the day.

Here are some spreads that were finished a while ago.







The first three spreads were done in Faber Castell Pitt pens and the other three were done in Tombow Dual Brush markers. Those Tombows can be washed with water to make them look like watercolours and that gives them a really nice effect, especially on the paper in this sketchbook (a Dylusions journal).

As you can see I am mostly into abstracts and patterns, but that can no longer come as a surprise to you. Especially in the morning it's a relaxing way to get my art on. :-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!

4 comments:

  1. Wat een heerlijke pagina's: lekker kleurrijk en het ziet eruit dat het heel ontspannen was om te maken :-)

    Gr Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel. Het is inderdaad elke ochtend weer een fijn begin van de dag.

      Delete
  2. Wat een mooie resultaten , een fijne start van de dag !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel. Ja, het is altijd prettig om de dag met een beetje kunstzinnigheid te beginnen. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...