Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Morning Paintings #251-260

Time for another batch of Morning Paintings.

When I first started these paintings my idea was to spend 30 minutes on a page, but some of the paintings below took a lot longer than that. In itself I don't mind that much, but I'm finding it takes away from my journaling time in the morning and that I do mind. Sometimes I only write once a week, which is very rare for me and I miss it.

So I'm thinking of trying a different approach the coming year where maybe I won't finish a page every day, but will simply work on a sketchbook/art journal 30 minutes every morning and not care so much whether a page is finished or not. I'll let you know what I come up with. For now my plan is to simply fill the sketchbook I'm working in the 'old' way (a page a day), but when it's done I will start a revised art practice in the morning. We'll see how it goes.

Here are paintings no. 251 to 260!

#251 - Block Pattern

#252 - A Minor Variation

#253 - Pattern Variations

#254 - Stitched Blocks

#255 - Diamonds

#256 - Diamond Variation

#257 - Flowers and Washi

#258 - Flowers and Washi

#259 - Flowers and Washi

#260 - Flowers and Washi

For some of these I tried to use the same colour combination in different ways. I love experimenting with colour and seeing what happens if you use the same colours with completely different pictures. Paintings #253 to #256 are examples of intricate works like I mentioned above. These can take up to two hours sometimes to finish. I don't mind spending two hours on a paintings, but for my 30 minute practice a day I think it's a bit much, haha.

I hope you enjoyed looking at these paintings though (I sure keep enjoying making them) and I wish you a wonderful and artsy day.