Monday, December 7, 2015

Two collages

Already quite some time ago I decided to dedicate an extra large moleskine cahier to collage making. I did a few back then, but since that time it has been terribly neglected and that's not because I don't like collage. I guess that my need for collage is often met by my mail art these days and I just don't get around to any other form.

But the other day I figured it was high time I put some effort into the Collage Book again. Yes, I call it the Collage Book, because I'm resourceful and original like that. ;-)

I had so much fun that I made two collages in one sitting:

"Moois" means something like "beautiful things".

"Spelen" means "Play" and "inhoud" means "content" or "substance".

I combined pretty papers with magazine images, found words and some penwork with stencils. I absolutely adore the second one, it was one of those times when things came together just right, if you know what I mean.

Here's the spread as a whole:


I hope I will not wait so long to work in this book again as I did last time.

This is the trouble when you have too many interests in different media and formats, you can only do one thing at a time. Sometimes I wish there were ten of me to do all the work I want to do. An artsy team consisting of ten Caatjes, now wouldn't that be something? ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.

4 comments:

  1. Aha Caatje x 10 dat zou waarschijnlijk vonken geven in artsy land ... prachtige collages trouwens , ik ben ook een beetje in de ban van de collages . Ik vind de benamingen die je aan je werkboeken geeft ook wel altijd leuk gevonden , ziet er ook een goed formaat uit om in te werken . Kijk al uit naar de volgende duik in je 'Collage Book' . Fijne week .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tja, ik benoem mijn boeken maar zo praktisch mogelijk, haha! Het formaat van deze cahiers is inderdaad erg fijn, 19x25 cm. Hopelijk duurt het dit keer niet zo lang voor ik er weer in ga werken.

      Delete
  2. I hear you - you can do anything, but you can't do everything at once! Fun spread - happy December :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...