Monday, December 7, 2015

Two collages

Already quite some time ago I decided to dedicate an extra large moleskine cahier to collage making. I did a few back then, but since that time it has been terribly neglected and that's not because I don't like collage. I guess that my need for collage is often met by my mail art these days and I just don't get around to any other form.

But the other day I figured it was high time I put some effort into the Collage Book again. Yes, I call it the Collage Book, because I'm resourceful and original like that. ;-)

I had so much fun that I made two collages in one sitting:

"Moois" means something like "beautiful things".

"Spelen" means "Play" and "inhoud" means "content" or "substance".

I combined pretty papers with magazine images, found words and some penwork with stencils. I absolutely adore the second one, it was one of those times when things came together just right, if you know what I mean.

Here's the spread as a whole:


I hope I will not wait so long to work in this book again as I did last time.

This is the trouble when you have too many interests in different media and formats, you can only do one thing at a time. Sometimes I wish there were ten of me to do all the work I want to do. An artsy team consisting of ten Caatjes, now wouldn't that be something? ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.