Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Morning Paintings #271-280

Time for another batch of my Morning Paintings. Just last week I passed the 300 mark and I'm pretty damned pleased about that I can tell you! Even though I didn't really set a specific goal for myself (except to paint every morning) I feel like I've reached some important mark. The ones I do after this are just a bonus, haha..

Here however are paintings no. 271 to 280.

#271 - Scallops and Dots

#272 - Circles in Circles

#273 - Grid Pattern

#274 - Rainbow Blocks II

#275 - Circles in Circles

#276 - Mosaics

#277  - Bloom

#278 - Dashing

#279 - Lines + Dashes

#280 - Grid

No. 274 is the most lengthy Morning Painting I have done so far. It took me two and a half hours to finish. And if that isn't impressive enough, I did this one in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. I have these bouts of nights where I just wake up and am wide awake and full of energy and ideas and the best way to deal with that is to simply go into the studio and do something. After that I can sleep fine again. ;-)

With painting no. 280 I also finished sketchbook no. 6!


Right now I am over halfway in sketchbook no.7 and I have decided to fill it up and then move on to something else for my morning routine. I do intend to keep painting these little gouache paintings, but no longer as a morning practice. I will start another morning practice when sketchbook no. 7 is full and will tell you all about it then.

For now I just wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!