Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Morning Paintings

My morning painting practice continues. I haven't shown some in a while because of vacations and birthdays but as this gets posted I have just finished my second sketchbook and done 80 of them! I'm pretty proud of that I can tell you!

Here are paintings number 51 to 60.

#51 - Monochromatic Town

#52 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl Reprise

# 53 - Hyacinthoides Hispanica

#54 - Yellow, Orange, Red, Ochre, Brown

#55 - Green and Blue Drops

#56 - Tree Silhouette

#57 - Dots on Yellow

#58 - Dots and Circles

#59 - Flower Pattern

#60 - Pattern

As always these were done in gouache and almost always in the morning. Sometimes practical things get in the way. For instance I did not do them on my vacation to Texel and sometimes there's just no time and I end up doing one later in the day, but that does not happen very often, so I'll just continue to call them morning paintings. I doubt the morning painting police will show up at my door anytime soon. ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm inspired by your practice and by the results. I particularly like #52 and it really got me thinking. Sometimes in the past you will show a painting of a girl from an advertisement and then the advert you copied it from. I'm always looking at where they are different, how "well" you copied it or where it isn't "exact". But I love this girl. It finally occurred to me that it doesn't matter how accurate a rendition it is - I love the light in her eyes, the life in her smile - I like her just the way she is. How lovely that an image in a mail-order catalogue inspired you to create her. I don't think I will look at painted copies of photographs the same ever again!! Thank you, dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do look for the resemblance myself when I paint it. Often I will put my painting on facebook the minute after I have painted it and if it's a rendition of a picture I will post that along, but later only the painting itself matters. In the end a perfect rendition of a photograph is not my purpose (nor my talent), but the impression of a face I like to look at. The challenge is in the handling of the paint. My personal impression of what I see. If I wanted the photograph I could have just cut and pasted it. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Your morning paintings are very beautiful
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, I have a lot of fun doing them.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work, Caatje...I adore the first one, "monochromatic town", so striking!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...