Sunday, April 19, 2015

Let's go to the zoo! - part two of two

Ready for some more zoo visiting? I know I am!

Here are the rest of the photographs of my visit to the zoo in Emmen last weekend. Now we get to the more dangerous and bigger animals. And some butterflies too! Don't worry they weren't put in the same space. ;-)





This is my absolute favorite shot of that weekend!














The big cats are my favorite animals. Those and wolves, but they don't have those in Emmen. I hope to one day get some wolf shots in another zoo (close to where my sister lives). I am always a bit dubious about how I feel about zoo's in general, but for me they are the only way to get close up shots of animals that don't live here naturally and there's always a kid in me that's just fascinated by the different species that walk this earth.

But for the coming days I think I will stick close to home. I've had so much going on, with birthday visitors, a vacation, and several trips and stuff, that a coworker recently said "Isn't it about time you just stayed home for a while?". She was joking of course, but she was not wrong. So for the coming weeks I hope to have some quality time on my island and in my studio.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week!

16 comments:

  1. Such fabulous shots! I, too, have mixed feelings about zoos, but they do give us opportunities to see these wonderful creatures up close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed and sometimes these days it's the only way to keep some species alive. Sad but true. At least this zoo is pretty famous for its approach in keeping animals as much as possible in a much wider habitat than a cage.

      Delete
  2. Mooie foto's! Ik ben jaren geleden met een vriendin in deze dierentuin geweest. Helaas zaten veel dieren toen in hun nachtverblijven vanwege mond en klauwzeer. Wij vonden de vlindertuin prachtig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was voor mij wel vijftien jaar geleden dat ik hier was geweest. In 2016 gaat hun nieuwe locatie open, ben heel erg benieuwd. Vlindertuin (en de diverse themahuizen) zijn erg mooi en ook...erg warm, haha.

      Delete
  3. Love the photos. Such beautiful animals. I always wish I could get close and pet them, but that will never happen. So the next best thing is to visit a Zoo or see some beautiful photos like these. Thanks for sharing them. Enjoy your time relaxing at home and on your island......Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I don't think many of these animals would appreciate being petted, but I get the sentiment. How cool would it be if a panther let you pet him? ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, Carin - you have some AMAZING photos here. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing them. It makes me want to go to the zoo - which I am planning on doing this summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip and such wonderful photo's. Thank you for sharing them. I love seeing them. Have a nice restful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri, wishing you a good week too.

      Delete
  6. Your photos of those beautiful animals are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, WOW! I just went to the zoo for my daughter's kindergarten field trip, and my pics don't hold a candle to these amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoom and patience, the rest is just there, haha. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...