Friday, July 11, 2014

Ferris Wheel

Last weekend I visited the Tall Ships Races and I showed you a whole bunch of pictures of that day on Saturday and Monday. But I felt like this subject deserved a post all of its own.

See, there was a huge Ferris wheel there, and for a lover of lines and photography it was an abolutely irresistable subject to take pictures of. And so I did, and then I took some more.

Those white lines against the blue sky, I don't know, maybe you have to be a little crazy to get it, but if you do, you are in for a treat. Lookit:










I hope you see what I mean and if not, well, just skip this post. There should be more artsy stuff in the making soon. I'll be going to a Sketchcrawl again this weekend (it's been a while), so that means instead of taking pictures I will actually have to draw some stuff.  ;-)

Let's hope the weather cooperates. Keep your fingers crossed!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!


10 comments:

  1. The white metal lines really stand out against the brilliant blue sky. Too bad you couldn't get some night shots, too. I've taken some of a Ferris wheel at night, trying to make the lights blur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really cool! Unfortunately I was already on my way home before it got dark.

      Delete
  2. The third one down and the last one are just excellent. I wonder if you plan to print them in order to make image transfers? that would be great in your journal (one of your many journals!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably print some of them to put in my journals, but not as image transfers, just cut and paste. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I adore these photos. The lines and the magnificence of the machinery against the sky. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so fascinating. Would it be okay for me to print a couple pictures for use in my personal journal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead Teresa, thank you for asking. Hope you enjoy them.

      Delete
  5. I'm catching up, but had to say how much I understand the white lines on blue. I also really, really love patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we probably share a brain Faith (or a heart, or wherever the love for these things comes from). ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...