Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Early mornings

After a no winter winter we are having a full summer summer. It's been warm and sticky a lot. I think for the tourists (summer vacation has begun a few weeks ago) this is wonderful, for me personally...meh....not so much. ;-)

I've said it before: I'm  not a warm weather person. I think I would thrive in places further up north where the summers are short and the winters long and where the temperature rarely goes above 20 degrees Celsius (68 F) and is preferably mostly a lot lower.

I am however a walking person and now that the island is full of tourists and warm weather I have made the decision to take my daily walks early...very early. I leave the house around 6.45 am and don't have breakfast until I come back. Even though these days even at that time it can be sticky (especially if there's no wind) it's still a hell of a lot more comfortable than later in the day.

It's kind of nice to be out and about that early in the morning. On work days I always go out that early, but that's just to walk to work. On my days off however I get to see the world in its quiet state before the hustle and bustle of the day begins. And of course I take pictures....










Midsummer was already over a month ago and the days are slowly beginning to shorten again. Soon the sun will not be up yet around 6.45 and I will get to see the sunrise again. I look forward to that.

The warm weather also means I cannot really be in my studio, but I am enjoying myself at my journaling table downstairs, under cool trees in the office garden during lunch and every now and then I even take the time to settle in a comfortable chair behind my house and have some tea and a book and a lot of down time.


Hope you are all enjoying your summer (or winter down below) and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day!