Friday, May 31, 2013

Photography Friday

Can you believe it? It's time for another Photography Friday! I try to do one every two weeks and it amazes me how fast the time goes. It also always amazes me how many pictures I take in two weeks. I'm always seeing something.

So without further ado, here's some shots of the past two weeks.

A tree tunnel.

Spring blossoms. So pretty.

Working on the Sketchbook Challenge of April. Yes, I'm late, very late.

I love how green everything is becoming. Such fresh newness.

Same thing around the pond. Green has so many shades.

On the edge of the forest, a view over the dunes.

Fascinated by how these pines made a drawing against the sky.  I might sketch this some day.

Close up of pine cones in the making.

A dandelion passed it's prime and still so beautiful.

On a wet day this felt like a rain forest to me.

The colours become so sharp and clear. People were complaining about the wet weather, but I loved it.

The local church through some fresh greens.

Sketchbook bliss!

Leeuwarden, where I went shopping.

Oh studio, how I love thee!

A well rooted tree.

My assistant being in the way as usual. See that green stripe on his face? That's from a crayon!

Eventually the sun did come through and gave the island some warmth.

Hope you enjoyed this little view in what I come across in my day to day explorations.

Today is a bit of a historic day. It's my last day as a full time employee. Come next week I'll be a part timer and have three day work weeks and four day weekends every week! I can't believe this is really happening, but it is. So happy!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!

12 comments:

  1. " Terrific!! "
    Love these photos, Caatje :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't stop taking them, so it's a good thing some of you enjoy them, haha.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing these, Caatje. I always love to visit the island via your photos. And CONGRATULATIONS to moving to a 3 day work week...so much creative fun ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I look forward to see how it all works out.

      Delete
  3. Lol Caatje! Crayon on the kitties face! My cats are always scraping my stuff around the studio and usually end up with a stripe or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A day later he put his paw on wet watercolour paint and left a nice print in my sketchbook!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new work schedule! I am happy for you. Gosh it will mean a freeing possibility for your fabulous artistic expression. I love your drawing of the horse and really, I love all of your 'lines.' *smiles* Norma, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love your blog. I follow it by email, so I don't always leave you comments, so I wanted you to know I really enjoy everything you share. Congratulations on becoming part time and having more time for art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Dianna for taking the time to tell me this.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a whole lot of sketchbook fun going on! The town of Leeuwarden looks very appealing, as does your lovely studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andria, both Leeuwarden and my studio are indeed fine places to be! :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...