Friday, May 17, 2013

Photography Friday

It's Photography Friday again. Enjoy!

Spent my birthday gift certificates on art supplies....

... and books! So happy!

View over the pond near my house. I love this pond from every angle and in every weather.

A beautiful day, a blue sky and a white boat. What else is there to wish for?

The first really green tree I saw. It's like it came out of nowhere!

The dyke is getting quite green too and the dandelions are in bloom.

My completely useless assistant taking up space on my studio table while I play with my water colours.

Better weather means sitting in the dunes with my face in the sun. Mmmmm....

Still keeping my shoes on though. It's not that warm yet.

A little valley next to the forest.

A narrow path through the trees begging to be explored.

Useless yes, but oh so relaxed. He's the king of napping!

I cheated on my assistant with this dog. I'm so in love with her. She's my sisters.

Harlingen on a busy boat day.

Found the perfect containers for my alcohol markers. Yay!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend. Mine will be three days long, so I'm pretty happy about that! Well...until June of course, then they will all be four days long, but that's for the future, right now I'll take what I can get. ;-)

18 comments:

  1. Art Journal Freedom by Dina Wakely is the BEST ever. I love that book. I also have the lettering book, but haven't really gotten into it yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only browsed through both those books so far, but they do look promising! :-)

      Delete
  2. your island is so beautiful - I so enjoy seeing your photos. I love your cat also - we've got two and they are also very skilled at napping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie. My previous cats were experts at napping as well, I never met a cat that wasn't, haha! :-)

      Delete
  3. Leuke boeken heb je gekocht! Ik heb er 2 van de 3!
    Met Pasen heb ik een workshop van Dina gevolgd, zeer inspirerend!
    Samen met Creanoes heb ik nu een uitdaging: laatste zondag van de maand publiceren we allebei een resultaat uit een hoofdstuk. Eind mei (oeps, dat is volgende week al!) hoofdsuk 3. Heb je zin om mee te doen?
    Zie ook onze blogs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank voor de uitnodiging, maar ik heb zo al meer dan genoeg op mijn bordje. Ik wens jullie echter heel veel plezier met deze uitdaging!

      Delete
  4. Wow, your kitty is amazingly fluffy! I could just reach out and pat that fluffy tummy! Looks like you spent your birthday money VERY well...I enjoy seeing what you choose. Your landscape photos are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! He would let you too. He loves tummy rubs, much unlike my previous cats who loved being cuddled and stroked, but not there.

      Delete
  5. Why do you keep stealing my books? (haha - just kidding. I do find a lot of the time we are buying the same books, just on different sides of the globe!) The Dina W book is my current favorite, too, plus the lettering book is on top of my stack right now as well. There are a couple of styles in there I have vowed to play more with. My other current favorite is Zenspirations. I never really got into the zentangles, but find the borders in Zenspirations fun to do. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! That's the only explanation I have! I'll look into that zenspirations book (oh yes, tempt me with another book why don't you?).

      Delete
  6. Especially love the storage and supplies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to find them. They are actually freezer containers, and were so cheap I almost did a happy dance right in the store!

      Delete
  7. Some nice photos there, and oh such lovely birthday gifts you've found for yourself. Well done Caatje!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna, I do seem to have a gift for picking my own presents, haha!

      Delete
  8. Wow do you have a lotta markers lol - jealous!! Beautiful pictures, lovely glimpsing into your life a little...I think I'd cheat on my assistant too, she's absolutely gorgeous =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there's a 168 of them so I really needed to find some way to sort them. I was lucky to find these food/freezer containers for next to nothing, they were the perfect size. And yes, isn't it the cutest cutie you ever saw? :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...