Monday, October 8, 2012

We have a winner!

Well hello there, blogsy people! It feels like I've been away for ages, but it really only has been about ten days. Ten wonderful days I might ad. I had a lovely and very relaxed vacation and I enjoyed being away from all of you for a while. Not because I don't like you, but you know how it is: this blogosphere and the online presence takes up a lot of energy even for those of us who enjoy it. It was nice to not check my mail, facebook and other blogs. I'm not one of those people who's online 24/7, but even for me it sometimes can get a little addictive. It's good to step away from that from time to time.

But it's also good to be back and I vaguely remember there was something I had to do when I came back. What was it again?... puts on thinking cap....ah yes, I believe it was this:

A giveaway, you didn't really think I would forget, did you?

I want to thank all of you for your wonderful responses. I didn't expect so  many of you to actually tell me what you intended to do with the journal and the goodies if you won them, so it was great fun reading all your ideas. If ever I have a truckload of time on my hands and nothing better to do (which of course will be next to never) I should make fifty journals and just spread them around to anybody who wants them.

But as is usually the case with giveaways, there can only be one lucky gal who takes home the prize. So let's go and pick her!

First I write all you wannabe winner names on two pieces of paper.

Then I cut you up and stick you in a bowl.
 
And then I close my eyes and pick the winner!

Flora DeMaio, you lucky girl. You won! Congratulations. Please mail me on c.m.j.winkelman[at]home.nl and let me know your snailmail address and I will get the goodies to you as soon as possible.

To the rest of you, all I have to offer is a 'better luck next time' and thank you for participating and saying such nice things about the giveaway and the blog. It's much appreciated.

On a completely different note I just have to show you this: 


That's right, it finally arrived, just before I left for my vacation. The printed issue of Featuring with my article in it. Five whole pages people! I'm ever so proud. (If you don't know what I'm talking about you can read about it here.)

Well, now it's off to the e-mail and the blogs and the groups and all that other online stuff I like being a part of and am way behind on. I will show some vacation slides next time, promise.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week!

20 comments:

  1. Gefeliciteerd Flora! Geniet ervan :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik hoop dat ze er blij mee is, maar dat denk ik wel. :-)

      Delete
  2. De winnares is een echte geluksvogel en bofkont!!!
    Ik ga misschien maar eens zelf proberen een journal in elkaar te zetten... of in elk geval pagina's zo mooi bewerken zoals jij dat doet bij je tutorials.
    Groetjes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zeker doen, het is echt niet zo moeilijk.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your Featuring article!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gefeliciteerd voor de winnaar, en jammer voor de rest incl mijzelf! Caatje fijn dat je een goede vakantie hebt gehad, je zal een hoop bij te lezen hebben na 10 dagen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helaas dat er altijd maar een winnaar is. En inderdaad...veel in te halen.:-)

      Delete
  5. Gefeliciteerd Flora!!
    Carin, fijn dat je een goede vakantie had en wat super...jouw artikel op 5 pagina's!!

    Groetjes, Marga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, and hearty congratulations to the winner. If you ever decide to make good on that offer to send journals to all of us, I'm first in line! :-) Congratulations on your Featuring article...how very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it might be a good way to get rid of my truckload of paper! :-)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to the winner =) and to you for your article - go girl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Flora. (And what a lovely name you have!) And congratulations to you, Caatje, on your article!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such a tease.

    Congratulations on a wonderful vacation. I'm on holiday too if you remember, but this is the first time I've had the luxury of my laptop. When we leave next week, it will have been a month in the States and its been a treat to be online when I want - especially to contact the girls back in Colombia...BUT I do know what you mean and so I'm just checking in between trips to the beach or shopping or the pool or the beach or to eat (I can't believe I said that last because I'm eating SO much...but walking it off. Ok off to the beach!

    Whoops...I almost forgot to say DARRN IT ALL...I mean - Congratulations Flora!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your stay in the States Annie!

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...