Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Holiday slides

It's no secret I had myself a little vacation last week. I went to the same place I went in June, namely my sisters house in Bronckhorst. But it was a very different vacation. I didn't do as much biking as then, I went on day trips that were further away and the weather was more rainy. I myself was also a lot more lazy than last time and caught up on sleep and doing nothing, which was quite nice actually. ;-)

Anyway, here's a little impression of last week.

Worked on a journal, but very little and it's nowhere near done yet.

Went to Burgers Zoo in Arnhem. Unfortunately didn't bring a good camera with me.

Saw this interesting wall.

And imprints of birds in concrete.

Pelicans!

For those who are lost...

Took many close ups of exotic plants.

Safari in The Netherlands, well....sort of.

Went to The Hague with a friend for several art exhibits. This was part of an installation.

Went on exactly one real bike ride. Watermill at Hackfort. I always need to take a picture of it when I'm there.

Idyllic bridge around the same spot.

Went shopping, needed fuel. Oooh, chocolate cake and a chocolate macchiato.

Bought beautiful fabrics I didn't need but couldn't resist.

Spent the last weekend back home. It was good to be on the beach again.

And now I've been back to work for three days again already. Time goes too fast, but at least I have the pictures to prove it really happened.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy Wednesday!

13 comments:

  1. Hoi Caatje, fijn dat je er weer bent hoor, de view die je geeft van je journal belooft ons wat! Mooie fotos heb je gemaakt, mooie zoo he!
    Welkom terug en succes weer met werken en spelen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel. Het journal is nog lang niet klaar, heb het een beetje teveel links laten liggen in mijn vakantie. Maar wat ik heb laat ik binnenkort zien.

      Delete
  2. Your vacation photos are great, thanks for sharing them. Look forward to seeing your journal pages. I'm your newest follower, please come over and I hope you will follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suzy, welcome to my blog. I'll check out yours soon.

      Delete
  3. I love everything you do! I sent away for Featuring magazine because of you! Thanks so much. I usually follow your blog several times a week, but somehow missed the giveaway! Would you consider making a little tutorial on how to make a journal like the one for the giveaway? That would be awesome. Your tutorials are so easy to follow. You do the best written tutorials of anyone! Thanks so much!

    Mary Dean ( I am not anonymous, but since I don't have a blog, it's the only way I can publish a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I figured out how to post with my name! Love all you do, and would love a tutorial on how to make a journal like the one you made for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this request from several people and I will get to work on it!
      Thanks for your kind words and I hope you enjoy Featuring.

      Delete
  5. Hoi Caatje, ik heb jou genoemd in mijn post, want die post gaat over de eerste art-journal die ik ooit heb gemaakt. Omdat ik onder andere door jou ben geïnspireerd! Dank je daarvoor! Hierbij de link: http://oranjenzo.blogspot.nl/2012/10/mijn-eerste-artjournal-veeel-fotos.html

    groet, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wat leuk (en wat lief) Wanda! Ik heb een reactie op je blog achtergelaten.

      Delete
  6. Some beautiful photos. LOVE your fabric choices :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them too. They were so luxurious and expensive looking (but they were just remnants, so very cheap, which made me extra happy).

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...