Friday, October 12, 2012

More from the Moon Journal

Slow but steady, that seems to be the pace of my Moon Journal. I started the journal in March and page wise I still have about a month worth of filling to go. But, as has been the case a lot these past months, days get skipped and sometimes (like last week) entire vacations get skipped. Combine that with the fact that this book is BIG and has a lot of pages and you'll understand why I, who usually fill a journal in three to four months have been at this one for seven already, going on eight. It's not a real problem, but I'm kind of aching for a new book already, since I'm so used to the variety of four or five books a year. Oh well, steady as she goes.

Anyway, here are seven new spreads from the Moon Journal. Enjoy!








Over here in my little corner of the world the weekend has started. I survived my first week back to work and am ....well....pretty exhausted actually. I always have to get used again to work rythm, mostly 'cause I'm so not a morning person, but a day job kind of forces you to live like one. Ah, don't get me started on the unfairness of life, whine whine whine. ;-)

I'm glad it's weekend now though and I hope that wherever you are you will have a wonderful and artsy one. See you next week!

P.S. Several people have asked me to do a tutorial on making a simple journal, like the one in my giveaway. I will be working on it, I promise, but these tutorials always take some time to make, so bear with me okay?

P.P.S. I know some of my above pictures came out a little blurry. The thing is I've been taking pictures with my phone alone over the last months and that has it's limitations, especially inside. Reason: my good camera is literally falling apart and simply past its due date. But good news is on the horizon: I finally ordered myself a new photobaby and as soon as I learn how to handle that one I hope to get some clearer shots for you as well.

18 comments:

  1. Mooie spreads, Caatje. Lijkt me leuk om zelf een keer een journal te maken, ik kijk geduldig uit naar je tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geduld is een schone zaak! Ik doe mijn best. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ze zijn weer mooi Carin! Goed weekend ook voor jou...

    Groet,Marga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi mooi Caatje! Ik geniet ervan, vooral van je kleurengebruik en je gewoonte om de hele bladzijde vol te schrijven. Vind schrijven het moeilijkste want meest kwetsbare om te doen. Ik ontsnap er graag aan en dan gebruik ik letters uit een tijdschrift om titels te maken, ipv veel te schrijven. Maar op de manier zoals jij het doet heeft het schrijfwerk ook een functie om de pagina mooier te maken, heeft zeker dus ook artistieke waarde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tja, schrijven is voor mij het makkelijkst van alles. Dat gaat echt gewoon vanzelf. Het is dan ook niet bepaald literatuur wat er in mijn dagboeken bedreven wordt, haha. Niet bang zijn gewoon te schrijven wat je denkt, je leert er een hoop van.

      Delete
  4. Wow.... en wat een boel woorden verwerkt in de achtergrond, dat is écht een heel verhaal. Super mooi!!

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel! Grappig eigenlijk hoe het schrijven een achtergrond lijkt/is, terwijl het in feite het laatste is wat ik doe en voor mij in zekere zin dus de voorgrond is.

      Delete
  5. You are SUCH a faithful journaler. I would LOVE to see your completed journals. They must make such a delicious pile of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually on my list of blogpost ideas, to have pictures of piles of journals and a trip through journals of the past.

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to the tutorial, your journal pages are all distinctly you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carin, ik ben weg bij facebook dus mocht je me niet meer zien daar...dat klopt dus ;-)

    Groet,Marga

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the spreads. I find myself most drawn to the last one, in all of its classic simplicity. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, and that's the one I threw together when I had no real time to pick out focal images. So I just put some stickers and a border and that was that. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...