Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What are you up to Wednesday - part 32 (woyww 130)

I didn't do a Wednesday post last week (for obvious reasons see my last post), but this week I am back in the studio. The state of my worktable is like this:


What you are seeing is a map of the moon. It comes from the atlas I am preparing to be one of my next journals. The map of the moon is divided in all these sections and those I am coloring in with metallic pencils. I have just started this, so there's not much to see yet, but I'm hoping to get a nice colorful checkered effect with the map of the moon still showing through. The end result will be used for the back cover of the atlas.

You may remember from my last Wednesday post (two weeks ago) that I was working on another image from the same atlas, which was a picture of the earth in space taken from the moon. I filled in all the black space with metallic pencils. That image is done and has been attached to the front of the atlas. The front cover now looks like this:


The atlas is lying on a pile of stuff next to my worktable (I like my piles of stuff at hand, haha). I covered the image with a sheet of acetate and then attached it to the cover with duct tape. The sheet of acetate will protect the image from damage and I like the rugged somewhat industrial effect of the duct tape, as if the whole thing is held together by it. I will do the back cover in the same way.

If you want to know what other people are up to this Wednesday, go check here.
Wishing you all a wonderfully artsy Wednesday as well!

11 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been unwell but your work looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking lovely! also love your sewn book on a previous post and well done on being published - never heard of flow before might just have to investigate a bit more! Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik hoop dat je van je duizeligheid, hoofdpijnen en stijve nek afbent! Doe het rustig aan hè meis? Stress is niet goed hoor (ahum - zei oma...) Je nieuwe atlas ziet er veelbelovend uit, mooi - die 'maankaart'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel mooi!
    ik hoop dat het weer een beetje beter gaat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling a little better - it's amazing how symptoms can cause so many other symptoms. Your finished atlas is really amazing. And I love the moon poking out through therough the metallic background - where on earth does the idea (and the nerve) come from for such things?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using maps of any kind. makes your art so interesting! There's this fascinating book, Personal Geographies, which is all about using maps in our art. If you're interested you can join this giveaway- http://www.gloriahansen.com/weblog/- I'm not connected in any way to this, just thought I'd share! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're better, neck cramps are not funny - I speak from recent experience :(
    The use of the moon and earth in your artwork is inspired. I love the images and how you've coloured in Space. Fabulous!
    Hugs, LLJ #39 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there and thanks for the peek into your creative zone. It looks like there is loads going on so thanks for sharing. Hope you have a brilliant week and have plenty of creative time!
    Neil #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snap i love piles of work craft stuff on my desk and pushed to the side ...doesnt every crafter ..lol..Have fab creative week ahead hugs judex 9

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those images from your atlas...they look so neat for your front and back covers. Congrats on getting your new journal underway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Your album is amazing - very imaginative, using maps like that! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #61

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...